new update on chemo situation

David A

I am supposed to start chemo again this friday 7/30, my wife who works at the hospital I get treated at and who knows my pulmonologist real well. called yesterday from work and said my pulomonologist was there talking to her, he had met with my ocologist and they agreed that I needed to get a bronchscopy, according to her due to my recent (last week almost missed the Michigan bash) upper respitory crap, or what I'm thinking and they are not telling me is something showed up from my cat scan last week, henceforth I haven't slept a wink tonight and here it is 4:50 am too late to take a sleeping pill. Worrying I know won't do me any good, so I have been trying to pray all night, but still worrying. I hate when the doctors try to be sneaky about stuff, and i know it is to spare me, but it really doesn't spare me . So thursday 7/29 I'm having a bronch, then supposed to start chemo on friday, I better get all the driving of my mustang tomorrow as I know my wife won't be wanting me to drive again till saturday. Did I tell you all how much I love my new car, it is so sweet to me, the look of it, the sound of the V-8(1st one I've had since 1979) thru dual exhaust, the sound of the stereo, the feel of the leather seats on my big fat butt and the feel of the steering wheel in my greasey formely nicotine stained hands, guess I should write a poem about it. Sorry to ramble. Love and prayers to you all, david

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

No, David, you never told us how much you love your car. :lol::lol::lol:

It's 5:09 and I'm still wired and up but I'm going to try to catch a few winks - try.

Here's hoping and praying that the bronchoscopy goes well.

Cat

David,

How can a 'paranoid' drive such a great car. Did you ever hear of upper respitorary (SP?) infection?

I had to go see my pulmonologist on Mon to get the results of my chest xray. This was all follow up from when I aspirated and infiltrated during my 'little' surgery 10 days ago. Well, since I am an exsmoker and since my husband has lung cancer, I was almost hypervenilating from a very bad case of the 'scaries' on the drive over. Thank God, the doctor said, Go away, I never want to see you again.

David, they may just want to make sure that you have no unlying infection or whatever before you start chemo. Chemo is bad enough without having complications due to something else. I know you can't just forget this, but maybe if you play the music loud enough, it will drown out the demons.

I'm thinking and praying for you real hard, especially now that I have gotten a good look at the handsome face.

Love,

David

I'm with Ginny, I think that they might want to check for infection. You certainly don't need to start chemo with an infection. You know that deep down. Please try not to worry. (I know, easier said than done, right?) I think that your wife and your doctor is just being protective of you. That's a good thing. Sounds like you are in good hands. :wink: Wishing you the best of luck on the bronch!!

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

David - you're being paranoid about nothing. I think it's from lack of sleep. I see similar weirdness in my own David. TAKE A NAP.

By the way, you LOVE you new car? Really? I love your poetic way of speaking about it and especially the way your describe your own body parts . . . kinda like you're not deserving of such a beautiful thing, ha. You are so very funny.

OK, soo, take a nap, then take a nice long drive in that beautiful machine, and stop worrying. I think you're just being looked after by some very thorough and thoughtful doctors.

God Bless,

Karen

David,

Prayers to you for a clean Bronch. I agree with all the rest that they wouldn't want to give you that nasty chemo if you still have any lingering infections.

Ah yes, those glorious nights... the time when your mind wonders and decides to replay every possible scary, horrible thought it can come up with. I hate the nights. Everything always seems better in the light of day. Here's hoping you'll be back squealing those tires real soon.

David,

I just caught this thread, and was wonderin' how you were feelin'. Im sure its nothing to worry about... and yes, get that drivin' in before your wife grounds you! :D . Oh, and yes... we know how much you love your car. I partial to the big SUV's though. I went from driving a 1986 Fiero (Two seater), to a 99 Dodge Durango. I wish I had some money, because I would be at that dealer buying myself a 2005 Lincoln Navigator or even a Ford Pickup-one of those big 350's or something. Anyway, now Im rambling... hope your feelin' better.

Jamie

David,

I know for a fact that they screen you really well before any chemo...so I bet that is what they are doing this time. I am a night owl myself and it gets strange late at night when my husband is asleep. I worry about things that haven't happened...and I hope never happen. Its not being paranoid if something is out to get ya. Ha. Then the next morning I wake up and I feel silly worrying all night. Hope you have a good nap and wake up ready to drive. Keeping you in my prayers.

Nina

David,

I bet your wife is doing worrying enough for both of you, so let her take care of that part. I know you guys don't want us to worry, but it's one of the things we do, regardless. Hoping that everything turns out to be just a bit of a bump in the road and that hot car zooms right through it all to smooth pavement ahead (humm - I remember Mich. roads. That analogy may totally stink! Ok-ok so there's probably several miles of construction signs with traffic down to one lane, but then you get there and there's nothing at all going on. Does that one work better? :wink:)

David,

I am sure too that your wife has it all under control at least the worrying part of it!! You are going to be okay. You have to much crusing to do to let anything get you down for long!! Let us know as soon as you find out anything. You are in my prayers as always.

God Bless You,

Jane

David,

Of course I will be saying extra special prayers my friend. Hey, I want to see your new car too! The bash here would be a flop with out you!!!!! Besides, You had better stay well. I better keep a close eye on you. Are you just trying to get extra cards and candy aren't you! Ha!

Anyway, the whole crew is expecting you- O.K.Debi, Katie, Rick Don, Lucie, CJ, David, Karen, Lisa, Cat and Daughter, gosh- please guys I had chemo today and do not want to leave any of you guys out!!! Daid you will be fine , and if there is growth, well we will deal with it then. Dont you dare quit fighting. Lest I will sick Connie B the "survivor of all survivers on ya." Ha!!! :lol: Cheryl

Yeah but David, I feel like your holding back... how do you REALLY feel about your car??? :wink::lol::lol:

I just caught this thread and hope you got all the sleep that you needed. I hope your feeling better about things..I know when I'm up by myself in the middle of the night, all types of things whisper to me.

As always David, my thoughts will be with you on Thursday.

Had a bronch today the pulmonary doctor saw a lot of new blockage he said he presumed it was cancer, it would seem it is now invading my left airway as well as destroying my right lung, that explains why it is so hard for me to breathe again. He talked of a few options but it appears I will be able to have chemo tomorrow if I want. I'm very sad, but glad I have had the last few months of feeling ok. Still shooting for a long life God and I have to do some serious conferencing though I think. Thanks for all your support everyone. David