the worst I have felt.

RAY A

The last two weeks are the worst I have felt since I was told I had cancer.

I asked to get off decadron and they started me on Ritalin. BIG MISTAKE.

I would rather be dead then feel the way I have felt this past two weeks. I can barely get out of bed. I talked to my doctor and he agreed for be to go back on the decadron. Im between a rock and a hard place. But My quality of live went from a 8 to a 0.

Ray

Darn. Sometims Ritalin works in adults the same way it works in children with ADDH/ADD. You may have either ADD or ADDH. Therefore the drug would have an opposite effect on you than the one they desired. I hope that's what it is and that you feel better VERY VERY soon.

elaine

Sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly, Ray. I surely hope the change in meds makes a big difference...and fast!!!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Hope you are feeling better very soon, Ray A., and sorry the Ritalin wasn't effective for you. We've been talking on the board about the effect steroids has on some of us, and I'm hoping that your docs can work out a dosage that will do the good things steroids do, but not so much of the bad stuff we know can happen when we take them.

(((((Ray A.)))))

Ray, My oncologist has put me on a drug called Provigil, I'm telling you it really helps with lack of energy for me and the general yukkiness feelings, only problem i have is my insurance won't pay for it, it is about 185.00$ per month but worth it. Hope you get to feeling better soon, finally got my Mustang too, I remember you said you got one last year some time.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Wow Ray, it sure seems your body doesn't like Ritalin. Sorry to hear. It sounds awful. I'm betting and hoping the change of meds will make a big difference.

Cat

Ray,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so rotten. If you don't mind m asking, how many milligrams of Decadron are you taking each day? I was on Decadron but only took, 2mg per day. I was on it for almost six months. I have been off of it now for five weeks. Maybe if you are on a high dosage, you could take less. Doctors like to have you take at least 20mg per day and I told my doctors NO. It is better to take less dosage than higher. It is easier to go up on meds than to come down. Doctors like to over medicate. Ask Fay A., she'll tell you the same thing. Hope this helps you and hope you start feeling better...

God Bless and saying prayers for you,

Karen