What You've Done

I just wanted to express my appreciation. I've learned that my boyfriend's diagnosis process has turned into a colossall circus, and though I can't undo the damage, I've taken many steps to be corrective/proactive, thanks to you all here.

His family has been handling things, which has meant my exclusion, even though we live together. The process has been botched/delayed.

This has ceased. I've taken the bull by the horns w/his cooperation, and am feeling more confident in getting him into treatment.

For now, it's going to rest on my shoulders, but I'm hoping that there will be support in the future.

I've managed to reel in test dates/consultations, find good sources of info when I can't understand the terminology, and am feeling more and more that maybe I can do this.

All positive steps forward originated here, from your own experiences, and the links in your sig lines.

I've lurked for a little bit now, feeling as though I know you. Getting up one day to read of the losses brought tears for strangers, which was so odd. Then came the anger and fear, as I realized that the words could be my own in the future. Then came the guilt for being "mad", which flung me back into the reality that this monster kills; even warriors can be overcome.

And to think, I used to like roller coasters.

Thanks for being here.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

This has ceased. I've taken the bull by the horns w/his cooperation, and am feeling more confident in getting him into treatment.

Good for you Kate. I applaud you. That shows so much love.

Cat

Yes! Yes! Yes! I feel like singing the Fight Song. You go girl!!

Ta-da-da-da-da - CHARGE!!!!

God bless you,

Peggy

P.S. I'm glad we could help with your decision.

P.S.S. What is his diagnosis? I know it's probably in your introduction post, but it helps us a lot if you put something in your profile. You can use some of the others as examples.

ONCE AGAIN - GO KATE GO!

P.S. I'm glad we could help with your decision.

P.S.S. What is his diagnosis? I know it's probably in your introduction post, but it helps us a lot if you put something in your profile. You can use some of the others as examples.

ONCE AGAIN - GO KATE GO!

The scary part is that I don't know that he has a diagnosis yet, other than pancoast tumor, possibly stage 2 or 3. The testing has been ongoing since mid-june.

I will be attending first consultation on Friday, w/radiation oncologist. Next one is following Monday, w/thoracic surgeon, to schedule a biopsy.

I have no confidence in the process to date. It's been botched, of that I'm sure, from speaking w/ nurse at American Cancer Society. He has pulmonary test, and MRI scheduled this week. I have a feeling that there will be more tests coming, before final consultation w/oncologist to discuss treatment options.

I've moved up all tests to best of my ability, and have had contact w/HMO for referral authorizations.

I feel better about how things are progressing now. I'm fighting the frustration/anger I feel towards those that were instrumental in the delays. I'm also frustrated w/his responsibility in fostering the delays. I realize that there's no time for the blame game, but he could've been in treatment already, instead of tripping over/tip toeing around egos and power issues. Like we need more obstacles. :evil:

Hopefully, by August 14th, I'll be able to construct a history for my signature line.

Until then, I'm focusing on getting things arranged, and providing him w/the help he needs to fight this monster.

Thanks again.

Kate