Moral To This Sad Story

Bill

Don't let doctors trivialize your symptom(s), especially if the symptom(s) is persistent. My wife's FIRST and ONLY symptom was persistent low back pain. Low back pain that was repeatedly misdiagnosed as nmt low back pain secondary to a chronic UTI. This misdiagnosis continued to be made right up to her visit to the ER a day before the correct diagnosis was made. It took the sudden onset of severe low back pain with lower extremity dysfunction ( triggered by an enema ! ) for the ER physician to recognize that something much more serious was going on.

Bill, I'm so sorry your wife is having all this trouble. Yes, when pain continues in this way, sometimes we need to get more assertive and simply insist on more extensive testing. It sounds like you're the man, though!!! I applaud you for caring enough to look after her so closely and to come here and seek support and advice.

Please keep us posted.

God bless you both,

Peggy

It seems like the Dr's want to diagnose anything but cancer as a cause. After so many other tests, they finally find the answers......but the one who suffers in the mean time gets worse. Its a sad story all right. I feel so bad for her. :cry:

Tess

Bill,

I am sorry I didn't mean to trivialize your post. I actually meant to say that I agreed with you and Don. I wish I had been much more aggressive when Dave had his first symptoms of fatigue but the Dr.s told me it was due to his "sleep apnea!" Oh well, it is no good thinking of what might, or should have been, is it!

Paddy

I am so sorry to hear about your wife's pain and dx. If I were you I would get a second opinion. They may be right....but another doctor telling you they are right would ease your mind. I will keep you in my thoughts. Keep us informed...we are all here to listen.

Nina.