Update on my mom and me....

niececola

Hi,

Just wanted to give you all a quick update on my mom. She came home from the hospital last Thursday. Her best friend of 55 years arrived on the same day from Florida, which was a true blessing. My mom had a comfortable weekend, made efforts to eat, get out of bed, to do her PT exercises. All of this came from her, I have learned the hard way to shut my mouth and find a way to support her in any effort to find peace or pleasure in her day. Thank you to all my friends here who listened to me and responded when I needed to hear some tough, but good advice. :D

My Mom started Iressa a week ago. No side effects yet, which may be good or bad. My mom has made the decision to stop "traditional" chemo and to go with Iressa for now. I am hopeful it will work, but know the odds we are up against. So, I pray for her comfort and peace and for a life with no panic attacks, that is all I wish for my mom.

Thank you to all who have offered to be my mom's phone buddy. She feels special to know that people here care about her, without even knowing her. For now, she is trying to come to terms with what is happening to her, and would like to think about the phone buddy idea. I told her no problem, of course, the offers would be there.

Right now, we are trying to organize home health aides and PT. What a nightmare all of this can be! Her home health aide came today and hit Clover (our border collie), so she was out on her butt within 5 mins. She is lucky Clover did not bite her nose, as she did to me so lovingly this weekend. :x She tends to get a bit protective of my mom and is slowly adjusting to her being home again. I think my mom coming back really freaked her out.

Thank you all for the kind words, PMs and e-mails. I am ok, just numb really. It's been said so many times before, but living through this, watching a loved one suffer and slowly slip away is a horrible way to live. But it isn't so much about me right now, it is about my mom and we all are trying our best to make sure she is comfortable and happy, if there is such a thing. And the thing that will make her happy right now is watching Gone with the Wind with my SIL and I, so that is what I will be doing this weekend.

Blessings to you all, you are all in my prayers and thoughts daily.

Denise

Denise,

Thank you for the update. I remember you saying that you thought your mom's friend coming would help, and I'm so glad it did. I love Gone With The Wind. I can't even count how many times I've watched it. That's one movie that will help keep her mind off her problems. The only movie I have probably watched more is called Imitation of Life. It's an old movie with Lana Turner and Sandra Dee. I literally sob everytime I watch that move, but it is very, very good. I would love to be able to buy it. I keep thinking I'll see if I can find it on the web, but then I get doing other things and forget.

I sure hope and pray your mom does well with Iressa, and I'm praying for you as well.

Enjoy the movie!

Love,

Peggy

Denise,

I am glad you are starting to come to terms with the whole sorry business. Enjoy your time with your Mom. We are all rooting for you to have good results with Iressa so that that time is extended. Hugs and Prayers going out to you and your Mom.

Blessings

Betty

@Peggy

I did a search on google:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 0?v=glance

Follow this link.

((((Peggy))))

Denise I am so glad she is home.

Please tlel your mom that anytime she wants to talk, she has a former Long Islander here in California rooting for her and happy to talk to her at any tine.

I love you so much Denise and my heart goes out to you and your dear mom

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Denise, I'm sure your mom is so happy to have you around. Here's hoping the Iressa works well.

(I might hit anyone who dared to hit my dog :evil: )

Cat