NO HAPPY DANCE THIS TIME

RAY A

Well, I went and saw my Onoc today for the results of my CT scan and Pet scan. The tumor in my Adrenal gland grew about 15%. I am now stopping the Irissa and the Taxotere treatments. I was disappointed but I had a feeling the Irissa and the Taxotere wasn’t working. The good news is there is no other spread at this time. Their is a spot on my hip but both, my Onoc and the radiologist feel its bursitis(sp?). It’s just that one stinking adrenal gland that just won’t go away. Next weapon is a new chemo called “Alimta”. Has anyone ever hear of this one? I start next week, once every three weeks. Also my Onoc is setting me up with another Top Doc to look at options for RFA on this Adrenal gland or even possible surgery to remove the gland. NO HAPPY DANCE THIS TIME.

God Bless Us All.

Ray,

Maybe not the news you wanted to here but it doesn't sound all bad. So glad you have an agressive doctor (Is it James Stevenson?) and he has a few ideas on how to handle this.

Yep, it is David A. that is on that chemo. Might want to PM him and get some first hand information.

Here's praying that they get that pesky thing.

HI Ray , I just started Alimta 7/30/04 so I'v only had one transfususion, I don't have any esrth shattering news one way or the other. I wish you well so one day we can go cruising in our stangs together. Take care Ray and know that you haave a lot of people who love you here. David

Ray,

I'm sorry that the there is growth on the adrenal, but let's try to look at the positives...your docs are still talking like they feel you have options for treatment still available. A new chemo to try, possible RFA surgery to remove the adrenal tumor....These are all signs that they have not given up on you and there is still reason to hope.

You hang in there, Ray.

Who even knew we had those dang glands, anyway???

No kidding, and I don't even know where they are or what they're for. But, Ray, wherever they are, I pray the Alimta gets down in there and sends those cancer cells straight to hell where they belong. That was strong talk for me (LOL), but it just seems the appropriate place.

Praying for you, Ray.

Peggy

Hi Ray ~

I was sorry to hear that there will be no happy dance this time, but have faith that Alimta may be your best bet!

There are two gentlemen in my support group at the Wellness Community (Phila) that recently began Alimta -- if you would like to talk to others "live and in person" about their Alimta experiences, I would encourage you to attend the next group on August 21st.

You can PM me for details if you decide to attend, it is such a great group of folks!