Update on brother and hubby

char1048

Thanks everyone for your kind responses. I just heard from my niece on my brothers cancer, he has been DX with Squamous-cell carcinoma, not staged yet will have a pet scan on the 18th and will be staged then and if there is no mets they will be able to do surgery. so I will be praying a whole lot that there is no mets to the chest area. He has had a scans for brain and lower extremideis(sp?) and no mets but there is lyphe nodes in chest that are a little enlarged but they dont know if it is due to pnemonia(sp?) or the cancer pet scan should tell. On hubby he is in alot of pain still today he just wants his pain pills and wants to sleep not eating, I am call his oncologist first thing in the morning and pray he can see him right away. Thanks again to all who have responded to my posts. Oh some one asked what pain meds my hubby is on and it is vicodan. God bless all Charolette

Charlotte,

I am praying that your brother has good news as far as mets go and that surgery is an option.

So sorry to hear that your husband is in so much pain. Insist that the onc. see him tomorrow. Pain is bad. Not eating is bad. I'm sure they can change his meds to make him more comfortable and he will want to eat again.

Wish you were not going through so much right now. Am praying for you and your family.

TAnn

I hope your husband begins to feel better quickly after seeing the oncologist. Maybe he can adjust his meds and check for other possiblities. I will continue to hope for your brother to be operable. That is the best way to get rid of this monster.

Nina

Charolette,

Hope they can get the pain meds right so hubby can eat.

I pray that things are as simple as possible for your brother, with no other involvement.

And you, dear friend, take some time to take care of you.

Maybe lock yourself in the bathroom and take a bubble bath, complete with scented candles and a glass of wine... a la snowflake...!!

XOXOXOXOXOX

Prayers always,

MaryAnn

Thinking of all of you and worried about how much strain you're under. Do try the bubblebath.... I am wondering about the pain meds too. Vicodin did absolutely nothing (and our home health care nurse warned us about the damage to the liver - a concern if there is any cancer there). Steve went on MS Contin and was immediately more comfortable. He has both 15 mg. & 30 mg. and then liquid morphine for breakthru pain. That way he is in control of the level of meds he needs to fit the amount of pain. Hope you can get him more comfortable soon.

Charlotte,

You have certainly had a very rough week. Did you get your hubby into the doctor today to get some help for the pain? If you posted somewhere else on this, I missed it. I've not been here much for 3 or 4 days, so I might have overlooked it.

You and your family are definitely in my prayers.

Love,

Peggy