nervous/warning possible negative post

David A

Tomorrow at 1:30 pm est I'm having a rigid broncscopy, with lazer surgery to cut out the cancer that is blocking my left bronchus, then they are gong to attempt to put a y-shaped stent to go in both airways to help stop the pressure from another tumor that is trying to cut off my air fron the outside. I have had 15 or 16, rigid bronchs before and it is usually no big deal , some muscle pain from the anesthia(sic), the throacic surgeon asked me what i wanted him to do if I started bleeding I said I want you to open me up I'm not done living, I think my wife thinks I'm going to die, her brother flew back in from AZ after being back in Az only 4 days from a one month visit here, people have been calling who never call or very rarely and she won't talk about it, I guess most people don't like to talk aabout death, I'm scared but I still pray every night. I'm rambling I didn't sleep well, my wife had to go to work was going to be home @ 3pm almost 5 pm here now I hate when she does that and heaven fu**ing help me if I say one single word. Sorry

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

David you have my prayers and every positive thought I can think of. I have a feeling you will do fine. I think family just gets way too scared and over-reacts. Take care.

Cat

David, it's good you can vent. I agree with Cat - we all get scared and sometimes over-react. It's all just "thinking" and most of our thoughts are not always accurate. You're going to be just fine. We'll all be here thinking of you tomorrow.

David,

I am home from work tomorrow and will be thinking of you at 12:30 pm, my time, sending all my good thoughts your way...

Do you have to stay in the hospital for this? Or is it an outpatient procedure? I don't blame you for being scared and nervous, I think it more than comes with the territory.

You are going to be okay David.. like you said, you're not done living yet. And I am planning on installing that thar indoor plumbing and electric light, so that you can come down and visit soon....

David- I hope and pray everything goes well tomorrow, I am sure it will! Cat is right, family does over react. I over react! My husband is constantly telling me "calm down, you worry too much".

I will say a special prayer for you and your wife tonight.

Renee

David,

I wish you a good nights sleep (whatever it takes), but most of all, I wish you nothing but success tomorrow. I, too, think your family is over reacting, which we tend to do.

I will double my prayers tonight and pray very hard at 1:30 tomorrow. I expect to read the report in good news tomorrow night, okay, tuesday morning at the latest.

Much success David my friend.

Love,

Ok, David. I'll be on my knees again tonight for you! If I had to do what you have to do tomorrow, I would be nervous, too. Try some deep breathing and relaxing your shoulders, arms, legs, etc. tonight and you will fall fast asleep. Tomorrow's ordeal will be over before you know it. I expect you to be back here telling us everything is A-OK.

Also, meditate on this:

----Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me.

~~~~~~~~~~Jesus, John 14:1

Love,

Peggy

Sending prayers.

Also David, I know what you mean--you sound scared that the Dr has told your wife something that he nor she has not told you. The only way to know if that is the case or not would be to tell your Dr that you don't want anything kept from you. You as the patient need to be told of ALL of the risks of every procedure and medicine etc. I thought that was standard care, but apparently I am wrong. I know some people don't want to know, but I thought it was the law that patients be informed of all risks.

It's hard to trust under these circimstances. However, I also know that family does tend to overreact. I hope you get a full nights rest.

love and fortitude

elaine