David A

Im am so shocked and sorry for your loss. I was just gonna email him to see how he liked his stang. I just got done reading "HIS STORY" and then saw him in the general form and wanted to read on how he was doing. As I read all his posts and His story, his story reminded me of me. We were even going to start the same kind of Chemo. God take this warrior by your side. Amen

God Bless Us All

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To David's family,

It is through tears that I am typing this............I logged on to specifically check to see how David was doing after his procedure and found this. :cry::cry: I am sooooo sorry for your loss. David and I never met in person but we did exchange e-mails a few times and we enjoyed picking on each other in the Just for Laughs forum. He was a great guy. I am truly going to miss him. May God comfort all of David's family during this time.

Angie

David had an impact on everyone in this group. Years from now I hope his boys will come here and read their father's words. During the scariest, most painful time of his life, he was actively supporting and helping others. He comforted, teased, shared his experiences and insight, and gave others an opportunity to laugh with him.

Please know that many hearts are heavy today because a light named David has gone out.

Pam

This is so very sad. In a strange way, it's rather shocking having not ever met this person, but to have read his words and to have learned a bit about his tenacious battle for life, to discover that he will not be posting again.

I read at times that s/he has "lost the battle," but I don't believe that for a minute. A battle well fought is never lost, I don't think. I think that someone like David A who had such a good humor and a great spirit about him on the internet had to have had the same things tripled in his real life. He "lost" nothing -- he was a definite winner in my opinion, and an encouragement for myself as I fight my own battles from day to day.

I hope his family takes some pleasure from knowing that their loved one had meaning in the lives of so many virtual strangers in this forum, and the realization that he had another "family" here.

May God bless and be with you all in this very sad time.

Dianne

to david and his family

God saw you getting tired

when a cure was not to be

so he closed his arms around you and whispered come to me

you didnt deserve what you went through, so he gave you rest.

Gods garden must be beautiful, he only takes the best

and when we saw you sleeping, so peaceful and free of pain

we could not wish you back to suffer that again

Dear David May you rest in peace with you beloved dog!

Ann

So very sad to hear this devastating news about David A. I am so sorry, and my heart goes out to his wife, boys, brother, all his family and friends. It is hard to find words to describe my shock on reading this. The world has lost yet another bright light. Too many wonderful people are lost to this terrible disease, it just has to be stopped. David and his great sense of humor will be sorely missed by many.

Bonnie 12n

(((((David's family))))

:cry::cry::cry: David has always been such a dynamic presence here.

Like others, I'm completely in shock and at a loss of words. What an enormous loss to his boys, his wife Mary Ann, all of his family, and all of us here at lchelp that loved David so much.

God bless you all in this most painful time.

Gina

This truly a shock for me. I want to thank Rochelle (RY) for her email. I haven't been here much, recently, but David and I would trade email's at least once a week. I will miss his humor and the love which he had for those of us with Lung Cancer.

There are always those people who you are glad to see, who you care about just a touch more than others... David was one of those people to me. David's humour, his love of life and people and his family, his courage in fighting his disease... all of these qualities were too big to be contained on a computer screen..they spilled over into our lives. David gave so much of himself.

I am going to miss you David, and my heart is with the boys and family.

I didn't check the board this morning because I left early. When I got home I had an email from another memeber. I just don't know what to say I am so shocked. I only spoke to him a time or two on chat but he was so very kind and caring. My heart is breaking for all of us and his family. Please accept my condolances. Lillian

OH MY GOD!!! There are NO words!

Dear David A's wonderful family.

I am so very sorry for your loss, and I am very sorry for our loss of a dear, fun, loving, caring wonderful friend and guy! I am so very sad to hear this.

David A., my friend and motorhead friend, you WILL be MISSED! Oh how you will be missed! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:cry: I was gone all day, got on, and expected to read an update. I am devasted beyond words to see the news.

For his family, please know how very much he was loved by us all. There are no words that will suffice, just know that we grieve with you.

gail