IT WORKS! Thank you Congressman Wexler (Florida)

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I just called a call from Medicare Managed Care in Atlanta. After some talk they said someone representing (problems with) BC/BS would call me back.

The reason they called - My representative Congressman Robert Wexler wanted my problem investigated.

Thank you from the heart, Congressman Wexler.

Please write - it works. I don't want to read about any more deaths of the dearest people I know - those on this board.

In memory of those we loved who have died, please take action.

Good for you, Cat! You stood up for yourself against people who did not appear to have your best interests as their focus. You should be proud of yourself for that, and for bringing attention to the plight of many of those who have Lung Cancer. We have become 'throw aways" in the eyes of society.

Cat, You done good. So happy you received a good response. I guess I have been fortunate. No fighting with insurance, disability or Doctors. I wish everone could go through the experience as smoothly. We certainly don't need any crap from the above while trying to get well. Hang in there and I'll be thinking of you.

Rachel

Cat -

I am so happy for you. You more than deserve this wonderful turn of events. I will also be sending letters to my senators and congressman. I thought I read that Sam Brownback is co-sponsoring a bi-partisan cancer bill (Jane - did you put that in one of your letters??) and he is from KS so my letter to him will be to thank him for his support.

Anyway, I am very glad to hear things are going better for you and that your former onc has finally taken his head out of his rear end and signed to proper paperwork. You are an inspriation to stand up for what you believe in. You go Cat!

Much Love to You!!!!

Amy

Cat

Here's a thought: So they heard from Wexler and maybe Graham. So what would make them do this because of them? What is the clout? Why would an insurance company bow to this pressure? What are they trying to hide or protect themselves from? That is the deeper problem... I am trying to figure out what's up here.

I realize that a call from the press would put pressure on them because they don't want bad publicity so they can enroll members--but what is the pressure point that a congressperson puts on them? Hmmmm

elaine

Hurrah! I'm so glad that WHATEVER IT WAS, you got it done!! And I will write, both Wexler and Graham PLUS my own senators and congressmen here in Connecticut.

Your experience has made me realise how fortunate we've been both with our healthcare providers and insurance -- medicare comes through every once in a while. And I hope that someone will do an investigation of your once-upon-a-time oncologist.

Ellen

This is such great news! Now is the time to work on these politicians in order to get things accomplished. Election years are great for that. I also live in Florida. You're very fortunate to have such a helpful representative! Way to go!!!!!

Congressman Wexler is a very tenacious, people-oriented person. I can't tell you how many different reps, etc., I've written on various problems from environmental to health, etc. He is the one person I can always count on to respond and take action.

Cat

Guest draiocht_bean_si

Shelly,

I can only hope that one of these days you will realize what an important, motivating person you are and how much we owe all you and how much you are loved. You gave me hope. You make a difference. How many people can say that? Not enough.

Cat