Taking a break...

Angie Daughter of Bill

Well guys, the time has come for me to take a break. I logged on this morning and found out about David A. :cry::cry: I just can't get over it. In David's last post, it was as if he KNEW that he wasn't going to come out of the hospital. I sent him a PM to reassure him that there was nothing to worry about. :cry: I was wrong. After losing David and TBone so close together and so suddenly..........well, I just can't take it. On top of that, Dad's doctor think he is having a toxic reaction to the Iressa. They have taken him off of it until the end of this month. I asked about starting a new chemo right away because we KNOW that he has a new lesion on his lung that is malignant. The doctor said that Dad can't stand it right now. :cry: No Iressa, no chemo, new growth...........God please give me the strength to deal with whatever comes my way. The doctor said no new chemo for about eight more weeks. We have to get some of the toxic junk out of Dad. :cry: WHAT DO I DO???????? I have never felt so helpless in all my life. So deperate to DO something, yet I don't have the strength or even know what to do!

I love you all!! I will answer PM's but I just don't think I am in an emotional state to be of support to anyone right now. "praying for us all"

Angie :cry:

Angie....I understand. I truly do. Sometimes the emotional overload is just too much to endure and keep on going in the same ways.

I hope taking some time to tend to yourself a little...will be helpful. Its so hard losing one of the regulars around here. For as short a time as I've been here...I've seen it happen way too many times already. :cry:

Take care of yourself and I will hold all good thoughts for your dad.

Angie,

I certainly understand how you are feeling. I think we are all reeling with the news about David. I know I am. You need to tend to your Dad and family right now. Get some emotional rest if that is possible and we wil be here when you get back

God Bless That sweet Dad of yours and all of your family,

Jane

Angie,

I completely understand. My only suggestion is that you get him on supplements. I have just read a book by Patrick Quillin titled "Beating Cancer With Nutrition." I highly recommend you look into it. See the Alternative Medicine forum for lots of other information.

Take care. We will miss you. God Bless you, your Dad and your family.

Hello Angie,

I quite understand how you feel. I am going throught the same thing at the moment. Dave has been taken off "Taxotere" as it was too strong for him too. He has had to have one toenail removed because of infection and has been told that he will have them all removed eventually. His fingernails are falling out by themselves. (I'll say it was too strong!!) He is on a poerful antibiotic at the moment and is feeling a little better now, although, like you I worry what is happening while he is taking this break from chemo!

We hope to see you back sometime soon, in the meantime love and prayers coming your way. Paddy

Angie,

I totally understand how you feel. Tonight after logging on and finding out about David, I said, "That's it! No more." But I'm still here right now, so who knows. I can't say how I'll feel tomorrow.

Your dad is going through such a tough time now and you're with him all the way. Turn your energies and emotions in the direction which can best help you. We all care about you and will keep you in our prayers.

Angie - I do agree sometimes this board can get "overwhelming" there is so much sadness some days... You go do what you need to do, but always know we are here for you... we are praying for you... and we will welcome you back with open arms at a moments notice. Love, Sharon

Angie--

We all understand--and WANT you to take care of yourself during this stressful time.

Please do whatever you need to do, do NOT feel guilty about not being able to support others here right now (your energy is needed elsewhere right now).

Just let us know, in whatever manner you wish, if we can be of any help to you.

You and your dad will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Melinda