Missing Them

Fay A.

I miss David A., my Number One Fan in Michigan, and my good buddies from Georgia, Ada and T-Bone and Sam. I miss Texans, Larry Coffee, and Beckyg and another lady I was close to named Lynn. I've lost count of the number of those I have met and grown to care for during the past 5 years as a Lung Cancer Survivor. I miss those caregivers who don't post as often since their loved one has passed on, though I understand it is normal to move on. But I would much rather feel the sadness brought about by these absences than never having had the pleasure of their company. Having known each of them has been a gift.

For all of you who are brave enough to face this with us I thank you.

Fay,

You are so right. I miss and miss and miss them. I had my LC tote with me today and pointed out Ada's picture to someone and told them I can still hear Ada say 'Hi Ginny' when I called. She always sounded like you were the only person she wanted to talk to.

There are too many that we have lost. While most families mourn one at a time, our large family always seems to be mourning someone or someones.

But even with the overwhelming sadness and sense of loss that is here so often, I have received infinitely more support and caring and knowledge. I have met some wonderful friends, friends I hope to communicate with for a long period of time.

But our hearts are heavy these past few weeks.

I too have shed quite a few tears these last few days. I cry for the friends that we have recently lost from this board. I cry for those that are grieving the loss of a loved one, who recently passed away. And I cry for myself, because my carefree life will never be the same. I am not the same woman I was when first diagnosed. That kind of makes me sad. I from now on will never again take one precious moment for granted. I guess I never realized how lucky I was. I have a pretty great life. I have gotten almost everything I ever wanted, not that any of it came easy. I have always worked hard. I appreciate the smell of a horse after a long walk. I love every sunset, and am disappointed another day has gone by. I still cry when I watch The Wizzard of Oz. I'm crazy in love with Jack, even after 21 years of marriage. He makes me laugh, especially when he is trying to be serious! I thank you God for my life. You have blessed me God beyond believe. I hope my life continues, but if not, I thank you for the time you have given me.

Love to all of you, especially you Jack- the one true love of my life.

Cheryl

Fay, Ginny and Cheryl....

Well said. I can't add anything to what any of you have said except that I agree with all of you. Our family here is very important to me and when we lose one or more it breaks my heart. However, I wouldn't take a million dollars for the chance to have met all of these fine people and their families.

Nina

But I would much rather feel the sadness brought about by these absences than never having had the pleasure of their company. Having known each of them has been a gift.

Fay,

I talked to my good friend at work today about what has recently happened here and also about the thread I started about a week ago. I told her I was really struggling with staying here, but struggling with leaving, too. She is an "outsider" but said that she could see why, even though there was so much sadness, there was reason to be here because the people who are posting need somebody to listen, somebody to care, especially because it's so difficult to talk about it with close friends and family. She said that somebody who is really, really scared (meaning caregiver or patient) would be more apt to post those feelings and fear to a stranger than to their best friend. She said she thinks it's good for all of us to get our feelings out. I thought her comments were very perceptive for someone who hasn't even dealt with this. And then, I log on here tonight (11:00 p.m.) and read your post, especially the quote above, and I weep again because, even though it's so very hard to cope with these losses, I'm so glad I know you, and Ginny, Melinda, Cheryl, Nushka and Katie, as well as all the other friends I've made here, as well as so many others - Becky, Elaine, Cindy RN, Paddy, Beth, Cheri, Dave S, Angie, Bruce, Jane, Ry, Frank, Joe, and on and on and on. My life will never be the same because I've come to know all of you, and you're right, Fay, it IS a gift.

Thank you, God, for my new friends.

Peggy

Fay, I am here :D

I recently seldom visit this website becoz of my new job. I am very tired everyday that sometimes, I didn't go online.

It is really sad to know some buddies here passing as time goes by. It is not easy for us as caregivers to re-face the sadness.

But honestly, I do treasure the friendships here although we didn't meet each other but I have strong feeling of being a family member of this board. I love all of you. All of you have being with me to walk thru this road. You all are non-replaceable to me. :wink:

And then there was Greg. He was a dear sweet person. When he left us I think he took a little bit of each one of us. These past few weeks have been very difficult for us all, but I feel very fortunate to have become a part of a large and caring family.

May God Bless each and every one.

Bonnie and Howard

Next week is scan time for Howard. He is having a hard time right now, more emotional than physical. We're getting very close to the 2 year mark and he is worried that the other shoe is going fall. Prayers would be appreicated.

Fay,

It's strange - even though I only really new of the board thru Ada I am always checking in to see how everyone is. When there is a loss I having a feeling of sadness, as if I'm feeling the sadness for Ada, or feeling how she would have felt. I check in almost everyday - and I'm not sure why. I'm not sure how many people out there were there when Ada was active on the board, but it makes me feel good to see posts from names that I know were friends of Ada's. So when someone is lost I have a deep feeling of sadness even though I haven't personally communicated with them. I'm probably not making any sense, but I was affected by your post and felt a need to "talk".

Jim

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you as you deal with these losses. I come here because of my Dad and as an added support for my Mom. Now I have two friends who are dealing with the recent cancer diagnosis and treatment with their parents ... one of whom I just heard about today. It is sad to find that we have this kind of connection now but good to know that there is someone else who can identify. The love and support found on this site is amazing and while there is great sadness too, I feel the caring for one another comes through loud and strong.

Thank you

Karen