State of Emergency- Non Cancer

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY, Cat, are you in Florida??

I was watching the weather channel w/ my little boy last night (who wants to be a metoriologist when he grows up :shock: ) and it looks like Floridians are in for a one-two punch w/ a tropical storm and hurricane -- something was heading straight for Tampa?

Let us know where you are!

CAT, where are you? I'm on the east coast of Florida. Things are pretty up in the air here right now also. I made a run last night for water, batteries and some extra canned goods. I have a full tank of propane, so I can cook what's in the freezer as it thaws if the electricity goes. I am going to leave work at noon and fill the car up with gas and get some cash from the bank. I lived through Andrew and there are just so many little things you don't think of until after you have been through days without electricity. I'm hoping all our message board buddies will keep us in their prayers during this mess!

I agree with Jane - get yourself to the hospital, Cat! And if you can't drive yourself, call an ambulance! Granted, you never know with these storms, as they sometimes dissipate and leave you wondering what all the fuss was about. But you don't need to take chances when you're not "up to snuff." And it sounds like you might need to go to the hospital, even if the weather were perfect.

I'm keeping all of you Floridians, south and east Georgians, and east coast friends in my prayers. Get on out of here, Bonnie and Charley!!

Blessings,

TeeTaa

Cat...I think you should call your county's office of emergency management and tell them your situation. If you're not feeling up to getting supplies, someone should be able to direct you to someone that will help. I am praying that you and Betty remain safe. I think my side of the state should be safer than yours but I don't think they ever know what these storms will do. I am very worried about tornadoes in our area. Some of the counties in the central part of the state have been under tornado warnings since early this morning. I pray that we all remain safe.

Cat,

I'd call it an emergency alright.....

call the sherriff's dept to get you to one of the shelters, they can evac you to a hosp if it gets worse....

I pray that you stay safe through all this...

what a lousy time to be feeling so bad....

XOXOXOXOXOX

Prayers always,

MaryAnn

We'll be thinking of you until this mess is cleared up and you're ok.

Cat, I wish I were close enough for me to be of more help. I'm about 20 miles northeast of Orlando. I agree with others who said get to the hospital. Being that sick, you need to be in a safe place where you can get the medical attention you need if necessary. Please go.

Good luck on flashlights :x , all my fellow Floridians. I just paid $27.00 for the last one B.J.'s had. Seriously though, my husband is a glass man and works on a disaster team, so if anyone in Florida would like my cell phone number PM me. He'll have access to a lot of resources that others won't. He worked on a disaster team during Andrew and they always had everything they neeeded - generators, water, food, medical access, etc.

My love and prayers to all.

Gina

Our local stations are dedicating all of the news time to nothing but these storms. They now say that Charley will be a category 3 by the time it hits land tommorrow. Cat, if you're reading this message....CALL SOMEONE FOR HELP! Charley doesn't seem to be kidding around here. If you wait till the last minute, it's often hard to get help out. Just call OEM and twll them your situation. I wish I was closer so I could help you but I'm on the opposite side of the state. Pecola...thanks for the information. Please let me know if you need anything. So far, it seems as if the east coast may be in pretty good shape which is very unusual! My boss was in school all of this week in Sarasota. He had to leave this afternoon, as theyare evacuating everyone. Here, we have been under tornado warnings most of the afternoon.

oh dear cat! i am thinking about you and praying hard. i'm glad you are feeling better, but please don't stay alone if at all possible. even if you have a neighbor in the same condo complex...i'll be praying for you tonight for sure. please keep us updated as much as you can. -mj

Just to update you on me guys, I am packing up the puter and me and the cats are going to my sisters house. It is closer to the coast than me, but I live in a trailer and I have to leave. Her house is really old and has weathered many storms. Yes I am scared and nervous, especially since I have no insurance on my trailer and this storm could totally wipe me out. Please pray for me folks! I am packing up right after I post this, so you won't hear from me until after it is all over.