My Skyrocketing Blood Pressure & Supplements

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Although my recent skyrocketing blood pressure could be entirely due to stress caused by my old oncologist, I felt compelled to stop all supplements.

It's now back to normal 117/77 to 125/80. It was going to 160/99 and even went to 170/110. That's bad, especially considering the cancer is wrapped around my heart. This was with 10 mg of Norvasc. I lowered the dosage to 5mg a couple days ago.

In desperation, I've quit all supplements which I know can be an extremely bad move but don't know what else to do. I'm going to re-introduce them one by one which will take forever. Darn! I'm listing my new, ever changing regime below. If anyone sees something they know can trigger HBP, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. Thanks.

Herbs & Vitamins (Daily)

Paw Paw 12.5 mg 4/day

Astragalus Root 1.41g

B-100 Complex

Calcium D-Glucarate 200 mg

Curcumin with Bioperene 527/3 mg

Dandelion Root 400 mg

Garlic Oil 0.2 mg

Grape Seed Phytosome 50mg

Immortal Mushrooms (Reishi, Maitake, Shitake, Coriolus, Vitamin C, Ginger)

IP & Inositol 800/220 mg. In 2 capsules 6/day

K with K2 (9/1 mg)

Magnesium Citrate 170 mg

Milk Thistle 80% Silymarin 180mg (Blessed Thistle) /175 mg Milk Thistle

Myco Medicinals Host Defense (Mushroom Complex)

Omega 3 700 mg

Probiotic E and Selenium 50 IU & 100 mcg

Wobenzyme N Enzyme Formula 6/day

(Pancreatin 300 mg, Papain 180mg, Bromelain 135 mg, Trypsin 32mg, Chymotrypsin 3 mg, Rutosoid/Rutin 150 mg)

Zinc Caps 50 mg

Zyflamend (Rosemary 150mg, Turmeric 100mg, Ginger 100mg, Holy Basil 100mg, Green Tea 100mg, Hu Zhang 80 mg, Chinese Goldthread 40 mg, Barberry root 40 mg, Oregano leaf 40 mg, Scutellaria 40 mg)

Other Natural

Protein Soy Powder Drink with spirulina, multivitamin & minerals (occasionally)

Kyo-Green Drink- Barley Grass, Brown Rice, Wheat Grass, Chlorella, Kelp (occasionally)

Acidophilus live culture (daily)

Kombu/Dulce (in small amt in food 5/week)

bean_si,

It may help if you can look back and see at what period in time your BP has changed, and see which supplement you started a short time prior. I am not expert enough on supplements and their side effects to be much help. I do know Celebrex can be a culprit, but I don't see it on your list.

The other approach would be to stop all as you have done, and start introducing them one at a time until you see your BP going up again, discontinue the last addition to see if you return to normal and continue adding the rest one at a time. Decide which you think are the most important to you and start with them (eg. Paw Paw, IP6&Inositol, grape seed and so on). Wait at least 3 days between additions.

Good luck, Karel.