General Malaise (is that the right word?)

Ok, ya'll, I think I know at least part of the reason I've been so down.

I'm sick! I have a bladder infection . . . no wonder.

Once I figured it out I started taking Cipro, Dave has a bottle of it left over from something. one day of it and things are better, I talked to a nurse at our family doctor's office today and she said Cipro is generally prescribed for bladder infections, so I promised her in exchange for that information I would come see the doctor if I didn't think things were improving.

Dave is knocked off his butt from the chemo, mostly the cisplatin. poor guy. I took him to Massey (our big cancer hospital) this morning for planning session for his bonkitis radiation and then stayed home with him. I wish I would stay home with him every day.

Karen

Are the in-laws there YET?! I just can't stop thinking about your situation and how I wish I could help. And as hard as it is for me, I can only imagine how difficult it is for BeckyCW not to be there to help!

So glad you got the bladder infection figured out and are treating it . . . indeed, that can really be a pain! But I'm still waiting on you to send me the name of that adoption agency wench . . .

Blessings,

TeeTaa

TeeTaa, you are so funny.

My attorney friend came back to work and answered my email. She said she's seen this exact thing happen to someone else recently. My take on her take: the agency is interpreting things in a very strict and literal sense and they can do that. Must don't. They're in Fairfax County, Virginia, which is a HUGE urban county - we are in probably the smallest oldest county in Virginia - in fact, our county courthouse is the oldest courthouse in America in continuous operation. Just imagine how dinky the court system is in King Wm. county that they're still using the same, single, tiny courtroom in the same old brick building that has been there since the early 1700's! So my attorney friend suggested I call the county clerk or the county dept. of social services and see what the local interruption of what is required is, then forward that to the agency wench.

so once I FEEL like doing that I will. I'm just not up to it today, in fact went to work for exactly two hours today. but am feeling better, thanks to my "black market" cipro, ha!

Inlaws should be here by the end of next week. Somehow we're getting though each day, but let me tell you, it is tough caring for a very feisty high spirited almost three year old when both Dave and I feel like we've been hit by a truck!

well, thanks for the support.

On a side note, we have been corresponding and talking to JustAKid and as long as Dave is up to it we're going to go meet her tomorrow. She said she felt like the only person in Richmond, Virginia (home of Philip Morris USA by the way) with lung cancer and I can tell you that we feel the same way. But she met another person locally with lung cancer so we're all going to try to start a support group. The funny thing is, all three of them work in the mortgage industry. In fact, she and Dave know some of the same people.

Best to everyone,

Karen