Duke of Earl - The Final Chapter

ginnyde

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Ginny,

I really don't know what to say. I am so sad to hear of this "Final Chapter". You and Earl were the ideal. No one could have asked for a kinder caregiver than you have been. I know you are exhausted but it was not all for naught. Earl felt your love to the end and now he is no longer having to struggle each day. He is waiting on you and when it is time, many years from now, I hope you are surrounded by the same kind of love that Earl had. He will always be in your heart and ours too, thanks to you. You made him real to all of us. Thank you for the example you have set for all of us. I send you all my love and hugs. You are in my prayers for peace and comfort in the days and weeks ahead.

Nina

Dear Ginny,

Like everyone else, I'm devastated at Earl's loss. I wish I could be there for you as you have been here for so many of us. We can only send back a mere fraction of the support that you have given out. You have been such a great role model for the rest of us -- now you must take care of yourself and let your family help take care of you.

Know that my heart, thoughts and prayers are with you in these days ahead.

Ellen

Dear Ginny,

I am so sorry to hear about Earl's passing. I wish to extend my sincere condolences to you and your family and friends. He fought a valiant fight. I find you to be so inspirational. You both faced this awful disease with love and devotion. Ginny, you willingly shared of yourself and gave of yourself to those us on this board despite your own heavy burden. I only hope that in some way we are a help to you.

My God be with you also travel through the greiving process.

Sincerely,

Maureen

Ginny,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Earl. :cry::cry::cry: We have lost too many people to this da_n disease!

Trust that he is free from pain and his body is whole again. He was blessed to have you as his caregiver and you seem blessed to have had such a dear husband. May the good lord grant you peace and comfort during this time.

Tami

Ginny:

I think everyone has expressed what I feel as well. Words can't describe your loss, but may God give you strength to make it through this very difficult time. My dad's name was Earl so I always felt close to the Duke when reading your posts. You had a beautiful and loving relationship as did my parents and that's something you can keep and remember forever. God Bless you and comfort you.

My dearest Ginny,

In the few short months that I have been a part of this support group, the love story between you and Earl has had the most impact on me. It was all there – love, devotion, courage, perseverance, complete selflessness. The picture of the two of you always gave me a warm feeling in my heart.

Now The Duke is gone and I feel incredible sorrow. Through you we have all come to love and admire this man. Through you he became a legend amongst us.

With a heavy heart I send you my love and deepest sympathy,

Terry

Ginny,

I just got back from being away and was afraid of what I might find out about Earl. His circumstances were so similar to what my father went through at the end of his illness, that I figured it would not be long before he would lose his courageous battle. I'm sorry you two had to endure such a painful experience, but am glad you were able to do it together. It was evident in your posts that you and Earl had a very special relationship. My mother is still having a hard time accepting the death of my father which took place June 17th. However, although she still has some very difficult days, she is experiencing good days more often these days. I know your pain is very great right now. I hope with time things will get easier. Please accept my sincere sympathy. My thoughts will be with you.

Oh Ginny,

I too have been away and have just received the news on Earl.

I am so sorry for this huge loss and pray that you will find some comfort in the fact that he is no longer in pain and smiling down from Heaven on you.

(((((Ginny))))))))

Thinking of you,

Heather

Dear Ginny,

I have also been out of town, and sat in my chair unable to click on your post for several minutes upon reading its title.

Oh, Ginny--I am so very, very sorry. Words are so inadequate at times like this. At least mine are.

I am glad to read that you were all with him and that he was not in any pain.

You were consistantly his champion; his partner. Your dear Duke was obviously an extremely wise man to marry you; your children must all be very proud of both of you--and your devotion to one another.

Please accept my sincere condolences. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts.

Love,

Melinda

Darling Ginny-

I've been gone and just read your post through tears. Your message was not unexpected, but was one I wished never to read. My heart is stricken on your behalf. Condolences are a poor substitute for your loved one, but are all I can offer. God Bless.