Earl F. DeCoursey (The Duke)

ginnyde

Earl F. DeCoursey of Horsham died August 18th at home after a long and courageous battle with lung cancer. He was 62.

Earl was the beloved husband of Ginny DeCoursey.

Born in Horsham, Earl attended Spring House Elementary School and graduated from Central Bucks High School. He enlisted in the Air Force for 4 years and loved to tell his Air Force stories. After the Air Force he went to work for IBM as a customer engineer and then a systems engineer.

In 1980, Earl founded EFD Enterprises, Inc., a computer consulting firm. Earl loved solving the computer problems of his customers and could remember almost every program he had every written. Other than his family and company, his two passions were the Eagles and puttering.

He was the dear father of Kim Flagello and her husband Mike, Sean Murphy and his wife Laura, Devin Murphy and her partner Marian Nalitt, Tim DeCoursey and his wife Nancy. He was Gramps to Michael, Stephen, Ryan, Brendan, Samantha, Connor, Erin and Jack.

Earl loved nothing more than sharing a good meal, a fine glass of wine and good conversation with family and friends. Please raise a toast to his memory.

A private memorial service will be held at the convenience of the family.

The family prefers contributions in Earl’s memory made to: Lung Cancer Support Community 112 Hollywood Blvd. Euless, Texas 76040

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Ginny,

I am so sorry for you in the Duke's final chapter. The time you have had with the Duke had to be wonderful. I could see it in all of your posts about the Duke and in your posts in support of others.

I will have a glass of wine to toast you and Earl tonight with dinner.

I wish you even more strength to get through this through trying time.

All my best to you and your family.

John

Dear Friend Ginny,

I know your heart is breaking, and that you will miss your wonderful friend and husband Earl. I am so very sorry to hear he will not be with us anymore. I do know he will always be with us in Spirit.

You and Earl had/have a love that will never fade.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm sending you a warm and gentle Hug. ((((((((GINNY)))))))))))

Peace to Our Duke of Earl's memory, strength and comfort to you and your family.

Love,

Connie B.

Ginny, I am so very,very sorry.I am glad that the Dukes last days were without a lot of pain.And I know he appreciated and loved you and the all the care and love you gave him.

A toast to THE DUKE AND GINNY.A COUPLE OF WORLD CLASS PEOPLE.

Praying for strength for you in the coming days.We are all here for you Ginny when and if you need us.

OH ((((Ginney))))!

My heart is truly broken for you. I read these posts from lovers who have spent their life together and truly love and I am filled with envy for what I was never lucky enough to find. But in the end I think that though I am alone it is easier and I will leave no one wounded the way you and other caregivers are wounded when it is over. Earl has just gone on to a new plane and is there waiting for you. It is not your time yet and I pray you find the strength to find beauty in the passing days while you are waiting to be reunited with him. In the meantime Take your time and get through the days as best you can. We love you.

Blessings

Betty

Ginny -

I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that I am praying for you and your family during this time. I was so evident that you and Earl were so in love. The obituary was beautiful and I too will toast Earl this evening! Wishing you strength in the coming days.

Much Love,

Amy