I'm a newcomer...

Aims

Dear AIMS,

Please do anything you can to get your husband to a Dr. pronto! Kick, scream, cry or plead. My heart goes out to you, you must be tearing your hair out! As the others have said, this doesn't have to be cancer, it could be something quite benign. I will pray that your huband will come around and agree to see someone. Paddy

Dear Aims,

Please have him read my post under Good News. If he goes now to find out the whole deal and gets treatment, as is needed, he can then post his own "Good News" results - He is young; I was only 48, but because they caught it early, i'm hear feeling very good today. Please, please take the bull by the horns and go for it! He'll be glad to have done that.

Joanie

Dear Aims,

I don't envy you your predicament -- I know how stubborn "they" can be. But, as everyone else has said, you have to keep on going and making yourself as obnoxious a pest as you can be. Enlisting the help of your primary care physician is a good idea. Anyone else in the family who can be brought on board? And printing out these responses, as well as the stories of those who have had their cancers caught early -- as well as those who waited too late.

My heart goes out to you -- let us know how you fare and let him know that we're all pulling for him -- and willing him to the doctor for the next step.

Ellen

Aims,

Welcome. It must be tough to have him in such denial... I think the problem is people fear the unknown. The beast you don't know is usually scarier than the beast you do know. You MUST get him to a doctor - he is young and strong and you know just by scanning these posts there is SO MUCH that doctors can do today to stablize him, bring him to remission and maybe even a cure. The worst thing he can do is waste precious time. PLEASE tell him we are all behind him and we are here if he needs to vent.... Good Luck to you and let us know how things are progressing.... Sending up prayers for his strength to face this. Sharon