26 years old from Bend, OR just had my world turned u/d

Arayden

Dear Arayden,

Please dont panic!! We are all praying it is benign. If it is you dont need any answers to questions but if it is cancer please know that you have found the best site on the web for cancer support. Special prayers going up for you my dear.

God Bless You,

Jane

I just got back from the Hospital today. The procedure really took it's toll on me, and getting my lungs back up to full recovery took alot of work and breathing exercises.

The tests have revelead nothing, unfortunately. They did a surgical biopsy near the growth and tried to carve away several samples to be sent off to Pathology. These results basically turned out not to be any part of the growth or cancer. It was all dead scar tissue or inflmation tissue i believe *i may not be repeating this correctly*. One of my Doctors also told me this may very well be a positive element. The fact they have dug so deep, and looked so hard and turned up nothing cancerous, may very well mean there isnt anything cancerous in there.

Anyways, they did another Chest Biopsy which i wont know theresults of till next week sometime probably. If that fails, it will probably involve using a much larger surgery where they will remove large pieces of the growth untill they can identify it. This might also lead to them removing the entire growth and a portion fot he lung it's infected as well. This does sound positive.

OVerall the support of my family, loved ones, friends, and the people on these boards has been ....incredible. I barely know any of you, yet knowing you are offering me support really helps to make this ordeal a bearable experience. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. As soon as I learn more i promise i will let you know.

God Bless You All :) :) :)

Apparantly it's Hodgekins Disease, Lymphoma Cancer. The doctor told me flat out that it is very treatable, and potentially cureable. Compared to what it could have been, worst case scenario i suppose this really isnt all that bad.

I dont know yet what stage, and they will need to run some more tests now to make sure it hasnt spread anywhere else.

Thank you again for your continued support and prayer :)

God Bless :) :) :)

Hi Arayden,

Although I'm quite a bit older than you, we went through similar processes. The good news is that, like mine, they probably caught yours in very early stages. I'm now 3.5 years beyond the surgery.

Like you, I'm new to this web site. I have avoided sites like this ever since the surgery. Karen, from an RV web site, invited me to visit this site. I have been the greatest beneficiary as the wonderful folks here are the most sincere and caring people in the world. You have come to the right place.

All of the advice given thus far is great. Now add two more bits:

PRAY and PRAY HARD!