Have been lurking, finally "coming out"

Guest matt

Hi All, I've found this site a great help, and hope to share info/thoughts/feelings here. I'm 46, now 8 months since dx of stage IV nsclc adeno...in a clinical trial of Tarceva (like Iressa) and Targretin (used in T-cell lymphoma) since the start, responding well but scared of the future despite my wishes to stay in the present. Enjoying my 9 yr old daughter as much as possible. I'll try to write more soon. Love to us all, Matt

Welcome Matt,

LOL Sorry I just got the pun there...

It sounds like your trial is going well and I don't recall anyone else being on that particular trial so I'm sure we'll all be interested to know how it goes. Glad you came out of lurking...

Rochelle

I'll look forward to being part of the group.

Jane, are you just on Avastin now? Sounds like you're doing well too. One of the oncologists I saw said I should "strongly" consider Avastin if the illness "progresses" (I hate that idea!).

Hi Matt and welcome (Was that better Ry? You still have me cracking up on that one :lol: )

As you know since you've been around, this is a great place to be when you're dealing with lc. I am also intrigued with your treatment plan and would love to hear more about your choice and what led you in that direction. Glad you decided to speak up!

Welcome Matt,

Glad to hear the trial is working so well for you! You will find a wealth of information and comfort on this board, it truly has been a godsend for me.

Enjoy your 9 year old -- little ones definetely make life worth living! Just try to take it one day at a time (easier said than done, I know... :roll: )

Heather

Hi Matt,

Glad you are joining us. I too am very interested in your trial response. It seems you are doing very well. When you have the time I wish you would tell us more about how it came about that you got into a trial and how you decided to pick the one you did. It is wonderful that it is working for you.

Nina