Mum waiting on broncoscopy results

deruo

Hi everyone, I stumbled across this site accidentally, but I'm glad I found it.

It's a really long story, but my mom went for an xray a few weeks back trying to determine what was causing foot pain. They found "a mass" and sent her for a couple of CT scans.

So far, all we know is that they think its cancer, it's been there "for a while" and are waiting for biopsy results. The Dr. didn't mention surgery as an option, but I'm hoping that he's just waiting to see what we're dealing with.

As I'm sure everyone here can relate, its been a terrifying experience and I've been a mess since all this started up. Moms in her late 60s and though she's had some health problems, is still a very strong woman.

Weird thing is that she never really had a cough until after the first CT scan and had a bad reaction to the dye. Since then, she's okay unless she starts talking. Have other people here experienced/witnessed this?

I'm glad I've found you as all I've been able to find up till now is doom and gloom. There doesn't seem to be much of that feeling here.

Welcome to the family that cares, supports, encourages and even gets you laughing sometimes. The first step through the door is such a scary one; we're here to try to make things easier. Keep us informed of your mother's progress - we're all pulling for her.

Hi there and WELCOME! I stumbled across this board accidentally also. We are really glad you found us. I think you will be pleased that you have come here and will find everyone very helpful to answer your questions or lift you up when you're feeling down. When you are a little more comfortable with us, it helps us a lot if we at least have a first name, and also to be able to read your profile at the bottom of your posts.

Let us know how we can help.

God bless you,

Peggy

Welcome! My husband never really had any symptoms until he got blood clots in his legs and lungs. He coughs quite a bit now. But, really didn't before diagnosis. That's what makes this such a wicked disease--no symptoms until it's advanced.

Looking forward to getting to know you and walking this walk with you. Putting you mom and you on my prayer list. Take care.

welcome to the board. i'm sorry to hear about your mom's condition. you can gain really important insight here on the board so always ask questions. i'm sorry that i cannot answer your question about the ct dye this time, but i do hope that your mom is feeling better. as for the "doom and gloom;" yes, with any illness there is an overwhelming sense of that at times, but there is always, always, always a glimmer of shining hope, so educate yourself by finding as much info as you can and be active in your mom's treatment options. you are part of a valuable support system for your mom, and i know that she must be so thankful for your concern. please take care.

God bless,

mj

Sorry that you're having to be here but glad you found us. My husband had few symptoms -- until he suddenly coughed up a whole lot of blood -- and that did it, of course. Let us know how your mum fares through the next round-- and don't be afraid of asking any question, however small and silly it may seem.

Will be thinking of you,

Ellen