Taxtoere Side Effects

jamie

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question...

My dad had his first Taxtoere treatment last Wednesday, and started feeling like crap on Thursday... He still is feeling yucky...

Sick Stomach, Bone/Joint Pain/Constipated...

Does anyone know how long before he starts feeling better? I know its different for everyone, just lookin' for past expierences. He only gets this treatment once every 3 weeks, and he's really hoping to feel ok in between treatments...

Anyone can help?

Jamie

Can only tell you that John felt better between treatments and I am sure he will rally. Taxotere is hard and the steriods don't help either. Make sure he doesn't get too run down and that they are watching his blood counts.

Rochelle

Jamie,

I didn't have taxotere, but I did experience some of the same side effects. I had a particularly hard time with constipation, which is a side effect of the anti-nausea drugs.

Don't let that go on--have him take something for constipation and get that all working again, so to speak. I had the most miserable time of the whole time I was on chemo for a couple of days over that constipation issue and it's one of the more easy ones to solve. Some citrate of magnesia or something like it from the drug store will solve that problem and it will be a whole lot better.

I think with chemo, we need to solve the side effects that we can solve, such as the dehydration and constipation because there are some we can't solve and just have to let run their course.

Hope this helps.....

Cindy

Jamie my mom didn't do taxatore, but i remember it was cyclical how she felt, predictable after two rounds what days would be better than others. Tell your dad to hang in there!!! You also have to take into account that your dad is still tired frm srugery also.

I love the picture of the dog!

Jamie my mom didn't do taxatore, but i remember it was cyclical how she felt, predictable after two rounds what days would be better than others. Tell your dad to hang in there!!! You also have to take into account that your dad is still tired frm srugery also.

When I was on chemo, my dr. put me on Senekot-S every night before bedtime. Worked like a charm to keep things regular. The brand name Senekot has not been available in stores for a while, but any store brand Senna-S will work fine. I still take it every night.

Andrea is right, it is cyclacle as far as the side effects. I always felt bad for about a week and a half, then a little better for a week and a half, just in time to get chemo again! :roll:

Tell your dad to hang in there. We are thinking about him.

TAnn