Update on Hubby 08/22/04

renee_ky

Thank you all very much for your thoughts and prayers. Scott is not feeling any better today. On top of the aches and pains, his stomach is upset/sour, he is taking nexium.. Hopefully that will help! I think his upset stomach "might" have a little to do with our AC going out yesterday. Neither of us could sleep well last night because it was so hot. We did not realize until 3:00 AM that our AC was out, so we did not do a whole lot about it. Once I got up and turned the thermostat to 71 and it still did not cool, I realized there must have been a problem. I got up and checked it, and found it not working at all. It will be fixed Tuesday, thank God! But, until then, we have all of the windows open and several fans on, so we will be comfortable enough until Tuesday.

Scott has not wanted to eat much today, just laying around and moaning a lot, he can not get comfortable. The good news is, we have had a lot of company the last 2 days, he enjoys that. He will not let anyone besides me do anything for him, usually. But, a very good friend of ours, Gary, has been coming over and giving him massages. He will not turn that down, from anyone!

Again, that you all for your prayers! And, my prayers are with ALL of you.

Renee

Renee,

Thanks for posting. I've been thinking about you and Scott all weekend. I hate it when there's no AC, so you have my sympathy on that one! You have such a long wait until the tests are done - the first one is this Thursday, the 26th, right? If he gets much worse, I hope you will call the doctor and see if there isn't more that can't be done to keep him more comfortable.

Keep in touch.

Love,

Peggy

Renee,

It seems like when it rains it pours huh? I'm praying that Scott can find some comfort. Hopefully fixing the a/c will help. Hope the humidity isn't too bad, that can make it harder to breath.

Let us know how all the tests turn out.

TAnn

Good news is. I called Sears back last night and explained how uncomfortable Scott is, and why. They said "We will be there Monday morning". I am waiting, hopefully it will be soon. Tuesdays did not seem so bad until I realized it will be 90 degrees today. No thanks!!

Tina- We have a friend that is an electrican, he came over and checked all of the power inside and out, and reset the compressor (that is what Scott suggested too), but it didn't help. Troy (our friend) this it is in teh furnace, or the thermostat. But, he is an electrician, not a heating/AC guy. But we do knwo it is not power related, so should be covered under warranty.

Peggy- Yes, it is a long wait for the tests. The only reason they are waiting is because they want to let the radiologist finish the radiaition to the Iliac (Pelvis), and then get fresh scans and know what they are starting with. This way, they will know how well the chemo is working. Scott can not take chemo right now, because his stomach has not healed from radiation. So, they decided to do the radiation on pelvis while we wait for chemo to resume. The oncologist did want the MRI of the thoracic and Lumbar spine sooner (he wanted it by today) but the hospital could not do it before Thursday, the 26th. So, we have to wait. I did decide, if it gets worse, I will take him to the ER and they have no choice but do it sooner.

Tess- He will not take Pepcid or Mylanta, they both gag him. He is taking Nexium and eating rolaids like candy.

Renee