Daddy in hospital

sharyn

Have to make this quick.... got a phone call from Mom this morning.... daddy had been complaining of a pain in his leg for a few days and this morning his foot was blue... told her to call the doc immediately and we brought him right to the emergency room. Well, what we thought would be a blood clot, turned out to be a narrowing of the artieries in the foot caused by "old age" upon further testing... daddy is back to being anermic and there is blood in his stools AGAIN... so... they admitted him. Mom is beside herself (almost irrational) they are going to do an endoscopy and colonoscopy tomorrow to find out what the heck is going on... This would explain WHY he has not been any better since the polyp removal in May... unbelievable... They did a chest xray... everything there looks "stable" ... Daddys onc is on vacation for a week so we have a "covering doc" which I am not happy about at all.... needless to say I know I am rambling... I just wanted you all to know what was going on... I will post soon.... Please pray. Love you guys, Sharon PS>... He does look much better than he did last week when I saw him.... if thats any consolation of anything right now.

Oh my! Sharon, you have been on such a rollercoaster with your sweet dad. I bet your nerves feel like electric shocks. Try to calm down and take a lot of deep breaths. Relax your shoulders - that really helps a lot to get a grip on the panic. We will all be praying for your dad and hoping for the best. It sure sounds encouraging to know that he looks a lot better.

Hang on tight - everything will be ok.

Love,

Peggy

Sharyn,

Praying that your father gets back home soon. I know that you must be upset that his doc is on vacation, but I'm sure the covering doc will do everything that needs to be done. I'm so sorry you are going through this. My prayers are with your family.

TAnn

Oh, dear! :( I'm sorry to hear this...but on the other hand, it sounds like Dad is where he needs to be till they figure out exactly what all is going on with him.

Sending out all positive thoughts and prayers for him, your mom and for you too, Sharon. Hope you'll have a good report for us real soon...and that Dad will also soon be home, on the mend and feeling lots better.

Thinking of you and sending strength vibes....

Gee, I am sorry to hear that your dad is in the hospital. Seems like lots of things are happening at the same time. Like was said earlier, take some deep breaths...(I learned that one from Becky). It actually helps quite a lot. Let us know how things progress. Have you in my prayers.

Nina

Dear Sharon,

I am so very sorry to hear about your Dad. As others have said, he is in the right place until they find out what's happening. Hopefully, it is just some 'old age' problem that is easily taken care of and he will feel better than before.

Please tell your Mother that I am thinking about her.

Love,

Sharon,

So sorry he's back in hospital but maybe, just maybe, this will help clear things up and get him on the mend again. Which hospital is he in?

Just be sure to tell the covering oncologist EVERYTHING -- even though it's all in the records, still hearing it from patients and family seem to make a big difference.

And take care of yourself and your mother. I'm thinking of you all....

Ellen