Bad week

ginnyde

Dear dear Ginny,

So sorry to hear about your friend, too. It never rains but it pours, eh?

You'll look back on those humongous ants and laugh about it years down the road....

Please know that we love and appreciate you, dear lady, and if there were anything I could do to lighten your load, I would.

XOXOXOXOXOX

Prayers always,

MaryAnn

Ginny,

PRAYERS FOR A BETTER WEEK! Im so sorry to hear about your friend. I think I told you before that my grandpa just died from ALS this May, and I personally know what a horrible disease that is. I couldnt think of a worse on (of course except lung cancer). Take comfort in the fact that your friend is no longer in pain. I know that disease takes its toll. I meant it when I said IM Prayin for better days for you!

Jamie

Ginny,

I'm so sorry. About everything. I want to fix it all for you and bring Earl back.

OK, for some good news from the Chapmans - Dave's parents will be here tomorrow!!! Help is almost here! That's selfish good news.

Country Girl (Margaret) - love the bird nest story, that's great!

Ginny, hang in there. We all love you. You are an inspiration to us all,

Karen C.

Hi Ginny -

Just wanted to say "I am thinking about you" and I am sure that there will be better times ahead.... there have to be!

As far as your ants go... my god you can ride those suckers!!! I think you are telling us a "fish story"... you know the one... I swear the fish was "THIS BIG"..... Love ya Ginny!! Talk with you soon. Love, Sharon

Dear Ginny,

Yep, I am late to post but I did get a hall pass (I think :shock: )

I have so much respect for you. You are always there for every one of us. You have fought a war gracfully. I am so sorry about your dear friend but I am sure she is in Heaven without pain and worry and is indeed toasting you with Earl right there by her side. I feel very privledged to know you even if it is only on here. lc has brought together a lot of beautiful souls and you are by far one that I love and admire. I pray for good days ahead and for God to give you something wonderful to post on soon.

God Bless You my friend,

Jane

The death of your friend must feel like history repeating itself much too soon. I will continue to remember you in my prayers... God is certainly hearing lots of reminders of how many lives you have touched and how brave you have been.

My good news: I just measured and the longest ant at my house comes in well under 2". I do have an aunt almost 72" but she's at her house.

Molly

OK, I hope this qualifies as good news. . .first, I too belong to that club that no one wants to belong to. I lost my sweet Bill just 6 months ago. About one month after his death I was checking the boards and noticed a new posting from a woman also in my state (Illinois) whose husband was 57 years old, the same as Bill, and had the exact same cancer, and died on the exact same day this year. I quickly sent her a PM and told her about myself and about Bill and invited her to PM me back if she wanted to "talk". We began to email each other and then after a few weeks excahnged phone numbers and talked on the phone a couple of times and then we decided to meet. We had dinner together near her home (which is about three hours from here) and we hit it off right away. We talked until we were almost asked to leave the restaurant and continued to communicate all of these months. This weekend she accepted my invitation to come here and stay with me for a couple of days. We had a ball! We went to a local Erin Feis (we are both very Irish) and we shopped and we went out for dinner and she met my family and we went to church together and we watched videos of Bill and we really got to know each other well. It was a great weekend and it is a new and preciously special friendship and it all started right here on the Lung cancer site. I am grateful for her friendship and understanding and her laughter and the ability to share so much. I am grateful also to this board for giving us this opportunity to reach out to each other. So, yes, I am a six month member of the club that no one wants to belong to and that you were just forced to join but keep coming here and keep communicating and we will all keep supporting you.

Famous last words for tonight. . .PM me if you want to "talk".

God bless,

Colleen