Daddy Update

sharyn

First of all, before I fill you all in... I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers.

Daddy had a Pet Scan yesterday - no results until possibly Saturday. His oncologist has not given up... he is on a new Chemo regiman that has had good success with Esophogus Cancer CPT 11 and Carboplatnim. I believe this combo is also used to combat SCLC. The Onc feels confident that we can hold this thing at bay and possible even shrink it to the point of being able to "clean up" the residue surgically. I personally don't think Daddy could withstand any surgery... I am just hoping for stabilization, and the Onc seems optimistic that we should obtain that. Daddy had his first treatment today... 6 hours once a week for two weeks then one week off. I went down and had dinner with him and Mom tonight, he looks pretty darn good. Says he feels good and he ate a pretty decent dinner (says those doctors don't know what they are talking about... there is nothing in MY throat)... He is just too darn cute. He even danced with me in the living room to Jimmy Buffet... Just to give you an idea of the type of character he is.... So... after a few days of letting this latest news set in... I am digging in my heels as Daddy is his and we are off to fighting this monster again. Today is a good day and for that I am thankful. Love you guys.. Sharon

Awww....what a great update, Sharon!! You and Daddy keep on dancing....as that image brings lots of smiles! :D So glad you are feeling better and that Dad has his spunk and fighting spirit back too! It sounds like his doc is optimistic too!

BTW...were you dancing to "Margaritaville?" :wink: That's my fav Buffet tune!

His oncologist has not given up... The Onc feels confident that we can hold this thing at bay and possible even shrink it to the point of being able to "clean up" the residue surgically. I personally don't think Daddy could withstand any surgery... I am just hoping for stabilization, and the Onc seems optimistic that we should obtain that. ... He even danced with me in the living room to Jimmy Buffet... I am digging in my heels as Daddy is his and we are off to fighting this monster again. Today is a good day and for that I am thankful.

Sharyn,

I am so very glad to read your post. Please forgive the format of my reply, but I am tired. I simply HAD to respond, though... :)

A) Your dad's Onc. sounds like a great person. I like his attitude.

B) Glad your dad sounds more like his old self.

C) Dance, dance, dance!!! :) Truly too cute.

D) How's your mom doing?

E) "Today is a good day and for that I am thankful." Amen.

Melinda