Prayers - non cancer

Amy P

We found out today that a 4th grader in the school where my husband teaches (and my kids attend) was diagnosed with a disease called RDS (I think). It is a degenerative disease similar to Lou Gherig's. Over the summer this little boy completely lost his hearing and the sight in one eye. As with Lou Gherig's this disease is terminal and they do not expect him to make it through the school year. I know it goes without saying but please pray for Max and his family and friends. This is tough :cry:

Much love to you all!

Amy

• 1 year later...

I know this is a really old thread but I wanted to update it and let you know that little Max passed away yesterday. He had been rapidly deteriorating over the past few months and finally slipped into a coma last weekend. I am so sad. Please keep his family in your prayers.

Much Love,

Amy

PS. They had his younger brother tested and he does not have the gene that his brother had, but his mother is the carrier and she has a pretty good chance of developing this disease as well.