HAPPY/SCARED

RAY A

Ray,

I am excited for you that you are getting this done and I can't wait for you to post NED. Of cours eyou are nervous, but as everyone else said, no two situations are alike :)

You are on your way to being cancer free again!

Ray, like the others have said, it's surely only natural to be scared about this, but every person is unique -- No need to compare this to DavidA's surgery. (Like they said, he'll surely be on your side, here!) It sounds like you've really done your research, found a great doctor, looked at the options, and this is your choice. I'm sure it's a good one! By the time 9/3 rolls around (a special day in our family!), I'm sure you will be more at peace with the decision and even more determined to get this done so you can go on with your life in better health. Prayers comin' your way,

BeckyCW

Ray,

I just want you to know that on Sept 3rd I will add an extra prayer for you. You get at least one daily anyway :) To be cancer free is a wonderful thought. Keep that in mind as you approach this next surgery.

David A is up there with plenty of others on your side of this issue...I will also add an extra prayer for your surgeon.

Can't wait to hear the news that you are NED.

Nina

Ray--

As others have said, you are not David and this is a different surgery (although is it completey understandable to be nervous/terrified). It sound like you have gotten your facts and checked them twice. Nothing beats an informed decision with a doctor that sounds as good as yours.

We will ALL be thinking of you on September 3rd--and I am glad to hear that you are doing the follow up chemo (even if it may be the last thing you feel like doing when the time comes). Wise choice.

Imagine--coming out of surgery and being able to say that you do not have any tumors in your body. Please let us know how you when you are well enough post-surgery (at least call Ry, the keeper of the phone numbers!) are so we can throw one heck of a cyber party to welcome NED into your life!

Melinda

Ray,

With so many prayers for you, and so many good vibes coming at ya, you'll have to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for this surgery.

I understand your apprehension and fear; we all have them. It's a matter of going ahead anyway. When I get that scared, I pray the Hail Mary over and over and over again. And I put it all in her lap. Trust your faith right now, and don't worry so much.

Certainly I will remember you at surgery time and say a special prayer.

You have an extraordinary chance at being tumor free, and that's terrific!

I am so very happy for you, my friend.

XOXOXOXXOXOXOX

Prayers always,

MaryAnn

Ray,

Dont worry about the surgery. True we lost our DavidA, but I dont think that will happen again. My dad came out of surgery just fine in June, and boy let me tell you what a relief it was for him to get the alien (tumor) out of his body. That alone eased his mind 200%. Currently my dad is NED, and is going through preventative chemo, which his dr.'s say is the best way to go. I think you have the best plan.

Jamie

Ray, I am so sorry to be posting a reply later in the game, but I am glad that I will get to post this before friday.

I am so glad that you are able to DO something about the adrenal gland-and I can understand your being nervous, too...but you said it yourself, you had thing in common with DavidA, similarities...but being similar and being the same are different. Please try to remember that.

You've got my prayers along with everyone else here, and like Ry said, DavidA is on the other side rooting for you (I'm sure he's put in a good word for you with the Big Guy-he probably stuck in a good joke or two, for good measure :) ).

I'm so glad that you came here with your conerns. and I'm glad that you were feeling better after reading the wise words that were said in everyones posts.

I look forward to hearing from you how the surgery went-KICK A$$!!!! Deb

Hey there Brother!

It's OK to be scared. You'd be crazy not to be. But you've got to have faith Ray, and I know you do. Everyone on this board will be with you on the 3rd. You just hang in there -- everything is going to be alright. And have a great birthday on the 2nd Ray. I'll be thinking of you. Take care.

David