Husband in hospital-Prayers needed ASAP, PLEASE!

renee_ky

Renee -

My greatest prayer is for you all to gather the strength that you will need to see you through this next phase of Scott's illness. I am praying for your entire family. May God grant Scott his wish to be home where he is most comfortable and may he take Scott into his arms peacefully and without pain. I am so very sorry. Love, Sharon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Renee, I am so sorry to hear of this turn of events. Please know that I am keeping you and ypur family in my prayers. I know this is a very hard time for you but please try and take care of yourself!

Dear Renee,

I am so sorry. I am hoping and praying that you can get Scott out of pain and home so he can be in peace and comfort where he will be happiest...and that you have the strength to get through this yourself. We're all pulling for the both of you -- let us know if there is anything at all that any of us can do.

Hugs,

Ellen

Renee,

My heart hurts for you. I do pray that Scott passes on to be with God in his Paradise in peace and with love all around him. I understand him wanting to be home and I pray that is where he can be and pass peacefully and painlessly. I also pray for the comfort of his loving family.

God Bless You All,

Jane

Renee:

Was out of town a few days and just read this about Scott. I pray that God gives you and your families strength during this very difficult time and also for comfort and peace for Scott. There is so much the meds can do to make Scott comfortable during this time and it's probably not so much dementia as it is all the meds making him disoriented and not himself. Even though this time is very difficult, try to remember the happy times and I promise it will bring a smile to your face. If you need to PM me, I'll be there for you. My dad didn't die at home, but in the hospital and it was really okay. We didn't want this at first, but it also took some of the caregiver pressure off my mom so she could enjoy more time with my dad. She still took care of him, but the meds weren't her responsibility. Do everything to keep Scott comfortable and many, many prayers are headed your way from my entire family.

Dear Renee,

Know that as lonely as you feel right now, you are surrounded by much, much love.

If you have a chance, read about the 'apparent' dementia in "Crossing the Creek". Our last hours with TBone were spent holding his hand, rubbing his arm and recalling story after story of our childhood together. I think it made it easier for him - I know it made it easier for me. I had just finished one funny story and I was leaning down close to him smiling when he reached up and held my cheek in his hand (he was not a 'touchy' person, and neither am I). Ann said, "Look, Ginger, he's trying to smile!" And then as his weak arm dropped, he mumbled, "Feels good." It took all his effort but he said it. What a gift I received!

To you and Scott and all your family - I wish you peace.

Love,

ViVi