The First South Jersey Lung Cancer Walk/Run & Rally

Hebbie

Rana ~

I found this on another post:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Weekend Walk for Lung Cancer

Saturday and Sunday, November 6 & 7

In Southampton, with room accommodations at the Southampton Inn.

To reserve your spot and receive a starter's packet with information,call CancerCare of Long Island at (516)-364-8130 or e-mail Aimee Catalano at acatalano@cancaercare.org

I don't know how close that is to you. Of course -- we would LOVE to have you visit us in South Jersey!!

Hi there Heather.

I should really get around to more forums besides the General and the Welcome to Newcomers. I totally missed what you have been doing :oops: . What a fantastic job you and Brad have done. What an enormous amount of work must be involved. I wish I were closer so I could help. Loved the newspaper article - and your photo. I have to tell you - you have a very nice looking dog, but I would rather see your wonderful smile when I read your posts - it's a smile that makes me smile right back at the computer. What a wonderful, caring person you are Heather.

Keep up the good work, and I hope all goes well for your event.

David P.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, for your words of encouragment!!! This event has been 6 months in the making and I can't believe it is actually HERE!

I look forward to meeting those of you who live close enough to attend!

Send a few good vibes for decent weather and a great turnout!!!

I'll let you all know how it turns out!!!!!!!!!

Heather

• 4 weeks later...

It's taken some time, but donations have finally stopped trickling in from our event and we were able to compute the "grand total" raised for lung cancer research through LUNGevity.......

and the total is.......$32,000.00 !!!!!

We are so thrilled and would like to thank Kathy ("Harn") and Gail for their hard work behind the scenes as well as all of the board members who participated and did such a great job at raising pledges!!!

WE DID IT!!!

Heather,

I'm so sorry I am just getting to this post now. Things have been pretty crazy around here and I'm lucky to get more than five minutes on the computer. I just want to congratulate you and tell you what an incredible person you are. We had nothing around here so I just planned a rally - can't imagine the amount of work it took you to do all you did. People like you are going to make all the difference in this fight. You certainly have gotten things rolling---or is it running :D ??