Mother of the Bride

Amy P

The wedding day was fast approaching. Everything was ready, and nothing could dampen Jennifer's excitement, not even her parents' nasty divorce. Her mother, Sheila, had found the PERFECT dress to wear and would be best dressed mother-of-the-bride EVER! A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn her father's new young wife, Barb, had purchased the exact same dress!

She asked Barb to exchange the dress, but Barb refused. "Absolutely not! I'm wearing this dress. I look like a million bucks in it!"

Jennifer told her mother, who graciously replied, "Never mind, Sweetheart, I'll get another dress. After all, it's YOUR special day."

Two weeks later Jennifer and her mother went shopping and found another awesome dress. When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her mother, "What are you going to do with the first dress? Maybe you should return it. You really don't have any place to wear it."

YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS RESPONSE....

Sheila grinned and replied, "Of course, I do, Dear! I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner!"

Sounds like something I might do...LOL...

Oh, I forgot! I'm the new young wife... :shock:

(But I DID find the perfect dress, and nowhere near a "mother of the bride" outfit for the first of two stepdaughter weddings...looking for an awesome outfit for rehearsal...hehehe)