Radiation is Done....

Fay A.

Fay, why do you need a shoe, Are they letting you walk on broken toes?Donna G

I think Donna thinks Fay actually saw some kind of health care provider about her toes. Ha! We know our Fay better than that, though, don't we, Donna? I'll bet she's trotting around on her big blue swollen toes without a thought of getting them x-rayed, or heaven forbid, properly realigned and splinted! :)

Fay, I do hope your hurting tootsies are better soon. Mhutch gives good advice re: the rad. burns. Keep them moist so they don't develop a "crust." They will heal much better that way.

Meantime, enjoy, rest, recharge, and get ready for the next assault on the beast.

(P.S. - I like pink!)

Fay -- I'm about at the end of radiation too - yay! Only 3 more treatments left for next week, and that's it! Actually, in a month, they will decide whether to recommend PCI or not, but no more chest radiation at least!

The techs gave me some fabulous lotion to put on my back where I had a rash and alligator hide -- it's called Aquaphor. It's more of a creme actually -- I found a big jar of it at Walgreen's for around $16. I'd used A&D Ointment on it a little too, and that helped, but the Aquaphor is better under clothing, even though it is somewhat "greasy." After only one day, I could tell all the difference in the world.

Sorry about your poor toes -- ouchy, huh!

Di

Fay,

I'm delighted to hear that you have finished your radiation sessions (and a couple early to boot). I also finished treatments on my forehead, but I only had 14 scheduled. I didn't develop any outward signs until three days after treatments ended...now I have a patch that looks like sunburn on my forehead and it is kind of bumpy and itchy. I'm using a healing salve and aloe gel. I hope everything will heal up for you real soon...including those toes.

Margaret

Oh but ain't that America for you and me

Ain't that America somethin' to see baby

Ain't that America home of the free

Little pink houses for you and me

Oops sorry Fay.. your stucco story reminded me of John Cougar Mellancamp or whatever the hell he is calling himself these days... I always liked him, especially "Pink Houses" and "The Authority Song". In fact, I am going to scrape together whatever money I have remaining after my car purchase this week and buy a CD of his today because of your post....

I am sorry it took me so long to reply to your poor toe story, I haven't had time this week for anything. I hope your toes are feeling better, but I am kind of with Snowflake on this as to how they were broken..I prefer to believe that you were kicking SOMEONE'S butt... it just makes such a better story than just being a klutz and fits you much better... :lol::lol: In my version, you were fighting some type of authority....and I don't want to hear any different!!! :wink::lol:

End of radiation: YEH!

Toes: OUCH!

Pink house: Oh, well....that comes from living in California!

I too am a member of the klutz klub -- walk into chairs, tables, cupboards, walls; fall upstairs; am covered in bruises (if Len ever really irritates me, I can always threaten him with calling in the cops and claiming spousal abuse -- the bruises would definitely indict him!).

Glad you're free of those daily visits and sure you'll come up with a new and successful game plan.

Ellen

Fay,

Glad to hear your done radiation, my husband never burnt really much (just a little red) they gave him cream and I also used aloe, healed very quickly, now it looks like a nice tan on his back.

Add me too that (Graceful Club) always clanking into something or falling on something.

Have to admit Tapeing those broken toes does work very well, my daughters young mare broke several of my toes (I was bathing her barefoot) stood straight up till I taped em down, now they look just fine.

Rosemary

Fay,

What a great relief to be over with Rad. I was so sick the last day of radiation that I told him I couldn't go. But he made me. I was so glad that I think I stayed in bed for 2 days. Good luck to you. Hope the toes feel better. Pink Stucco in Cali OK Pink Stucco in Alaska no way!