Daughter has signed me up

Migeon

Hi Everybody: I am new at this so bear with me. My husband, Kelly's daddy, is sick with lung cancer. She has introduced me to you all so I can get support and hopefully give support to all of us in the situations we find ourselves in today. Our small family has had quite a shock in the last couple of months and are trying to cope and accept our situation...at least we know more today than we did yesterday...to know an enemy is to better understand how to defeat one. I hope for help for all of us in finding a way to stop this dreaded sickness. Looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone. God Bless us all.: Migeon

Guest DaveG

Migeon:

I love your positive attitude, as that is so important when dealing with lung cancer. The numbers can be downright scary, but those are behind you now. There is only one number number to be concerned about and that number is your husband, who is the most important number and person in your life.

As you see I am a survivor, who has gone the full spectrum of lung cancer. I skipped over Stage II and III and went from I to IV, almost overnight.

What we offer you is hope, faith, love and support, with generous quantities of each. All of understand lung cancer from first hand experience, either as survivors ourselves, or as a family member, such as yourself. I can speak from the stadpoint of one having the disease, and others here can speak from the postion you are in, as family members. Whenever you have a question, whenever you have a concern, whenever you want to cry, whenever you want to get angry, or whenever you just want to vent, someone here can relate and will be able to help. Don't be shy, or timid, because lung cancer is something that is not meant to be shy or timid about. We are open here and we will accept what ever you wish to talk about. This is your site, not my site, or Estrea's site, but your site and for all others who have a relationship with lung cancer.

So please, pull up your keyboard and tell us more about you and your husband.

Hello Kelly's mom!

How sad that you need to be here, but how wonderful that your caring daughter is beside you and your husband on this bumpy ride known as LC. I am the same age as your husband and was devastated by the diagnosis right at a time in life when Bruce and I were just ready to reap the rewards of all our hard work. I won't kid you, it's a miserable disease, but, believe it or not, some blessings have emerged with time, and we have reached a new balance and new "normal".

I'll be praying for peace of mind and spirit for your family as well as progress in arresting the disease. I know it is hard right now, but try to find some small wonderful thing to celebrate every day...such as a daughter who signs you up!

Hello Migeon,

My mother is about the same age as your husband and she was diagnosed with NSCLC stage IV at the end of April. It has spread to both lungs... This really came as a surprise! She doesn't smoke.

On this website

http://www.oncology.com/plwc/Shared/plw ... 51,00.html

there is a story of a woman who was diagnosed with stage IV NSCLC in 1999 and in 2003 she is still alive! She completely changed her lifestyle.

As she is saying, the more important is to « get yourself the best medical care you possibly can - travel, research every aspect of your cancer, and find doctors who are willing to help you. »

Regards,

Anaïs

Guest DaveG

Migeon:

I forgot, I am also 59. I was diagnosed in September 2001. So, actually, I will be a 2 year survivor in September, even though I have just recently, been restaged.

Hello Mother of Kelly.

You must be very proud of your daughter. I found this site 25 years after my operation because my eldest daughter interviewed me for a biology research paper on lung cancer. It is said that cancer is a family affair, so it is good you have Kelly co ordinating things for you; you will find this message board very comforting and informative. If you have some spare time, I suggest you read through ALL of the posts on the board - all the way to the beginning - and all the archived stuff too. There you will find many answers to a lot of the questions I know you have. You will also find MANY powerful, uplifting stories of success and survival that you can share with your husband - it's not all doom and gloom out there. Take care, Mother of Kelly. Talk to you soon,

David P.