scared about mets

patut

Was just told they found mets in my husbands small intestine where he had his bowl obstruction, as well as two on the liver. Anyone else go through that, and if so, could you share your treatment with me? He has been doing so well and found to be stable in the lung while using Iressa, that this is a big shock to us both. He is still in the hospital recovering from his operation on the intestine. :cry:

patut,

i'm so sorry to hear about that. i don't have any personal experience, but i know that several people on this site have talked about liver mets. you may want to do a general search (up in the left hand corner). my prayers are with you and your husband.

God bless,

mj

Patut,

My husband was found to have liver mets last Sept. He went on Carbo/Taxol and then Iressa, before he had multiple brain mets. His liver mets remained stable after the first dx.

It looks like they respond well to chemo. Also, RFA is sometimes used if there are not many.

Patut,

I'm sorry you are having to deal with new growth. I can't give you any info on the specific locations of the mets, but we have experienced a stable lung with new growth in other places, including the liver, and it feels very discouraging and frightening at first. However, this too, gets better. We are amazing humans. We got knocked on our butts when we get this kind of news, but within a week a two, we have adjusted and are fighting again.

Please keep us posted on the treatment plan.

God bless you,

Peggy

I have no advice or answers, my cancer had already metted out at time of diagnosis. The initial treatment took care of the mets at that time. I have a new tumor on the spine and they treated that with radiation. I think you will find that treatment depends on your onc. Hugs and prayers going out to help you deal with this latest challange.

Blessings

Bettu