Any news from our Florida folks??

Angie Daughter of Bill

Has anyone heard from our Florida folks?? Cat, betplace, Ann, grix........I know that there are a couple more, my mind is blank. If any of you Florida folks are reading, please let us know that you are o.k. Cat was supposed to fly to her daughter's house and take her laptop. She said that she would let me know if she made it. I haven't heard from her. She also has my phone number and hasn't called. I'm worried about these folks. If any of you has heard from our Floridians, please let me know.

Praying for our Florida folks~~~~

Angie

Ann has my cell phone and home phone number. She is supposed to call me as soon as she is able and the storm is passed. I haven't heard anything from her yet. My son reminded me that if the towers are down even cell phones won't be able to get calls out. I will be anxiously waiting to hear from her as well as the others who live there. I know Palm Bay where Ann lives really got hit hard. There is a reporter there showing pictures. She told me that she lives about ten miles in land so I am hoping that has kept her safe. As soon as I hear from her I will post her so you will all know. Let's all say some extra prayers for these people God knows they need them. Lillian

Hi all,

I don't live in Florida but I am right now in Slidell, Louisianna trying to get to Miami. Bob and I left California on Monday and here it is Sunday and we are still 900 miles from Florida. There is sure a lot of rain. Thought we would have been on our way back by now. Will keep you all posted as we travel along. Have the lap top with me. Prayers and blessings to all...

Karen

Hello everyone, I guess I am the first to chek in. It is still raining, but Frances has finally left the state and is out in the Gulf rebuilding to hit the panhandle. I came through with no problems. 1 tree down in yard, but it didn't hit the house, so thats OK. I hope the others check in soon. I am still praying for them. Remember power is out all over state and it may take a while before we hear from them if they have no power.

O I am so glad that someone was able to check in . On our local news here in Minnesota that said 60 trucks ( I think) from our local electric company just left to go down there and help put the electricity back on. Big Job! Donna G

Still no word from Ann. I am very worried. I tried to call her but needless to say I couldn't get through. I seem to have lost her cell phone number so now I have no choice but to wait to hear from her. I think maybe she would have used up the charge on her cell talking to her sons during the storm. She could charge it in her car but with the gas shortage that might not be an option either. I promise to let you all know the minute I hear from her. Until then keep praying that all is well with her and the others.

I fear the ones who fled to Georgia or South Carolina just moved into the path of the storm. Maybe not as bad as in Florida but nothing to play with either. Hope we here from them all with news of their safty soon. Lillian

Checking in to let everyone know I'm alright. I have a generator up and running and am using a little juice to post! This was the most horrible thing I have ever experienced. My little town was absolutely pounded for over 18 hours with hurricane force winds and tons of rain. I am missing a lot of my roof and all of my fence and I have trees down but am still so much better off than many others here. I have no idea when our power will be restored. Not to complain...but it's so hot here right now and there is no wind stirring anywhere. When I can't take anymore heat, I start the car and turn on the AC for a few minutes. I have been taking about 6 cold showers a day just to try and get cool and refreshed. My sons put tarps on my remaining roof areas yesterday to try and prevent further water damage. The insurance company has to send someone out before I do anything other than temporary work. Lord only knows when that will be. I finally took a couple of plywood boards off my windows, against the governor's wishes. He advised that we need to leave everything in place until after we are sure of Ivan's path. Saturday night was the worst. It was pitch black and winds were making sounds lile a freight train. I could hear things flying from my roof and could hear things from my neighbors houses hitting my house but had no idea what I was hearing. Cell phones are useless here, as all circuits are busy. Thank God for FEMA and their trucks of ice and water. I had plenty of water on hand but ice is a real treasure!!! I pray all my Florida friends are safe! Thank you for all your prayers!!!

Ann, I am so glad you are safe! I worried so about you through the long ordeal. What a horrible storm. Now we need to hear from the rest! And don't even mention Ivan, I'm not sure I could deal with another major storm this year. Of course this morning the projected paths all have it headed straight for us. The ground is so saturated that I would probably lose all the rest of the trees in my yard.

Well I guess it's a good thing you guys didn't take me up on my offer for safe shelter in GA. We didn't have it as bad as you did, but we have plenty of wind damage and it is still raining.

It will take me days to clean up the trees, limbs, etc. at our place but we have no structure damage and no one around here was injured. We were without power about 12 hours.

As far as I'm concerned, y'all can keep Ivan all to yourselves down there! :lol:

ViVi

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

no time to read

cell phone out; no land line

no internet

still in Ga.

worst damage in my city to my area - don't know full extent - 50% sitll without power accoridng to palm beach post.com

wish my daughter had land line so i could connect or at least call; things not doing really positive here - can't talk; rarely able to use daughter's cell phone - she's working long days & stuff.

I re-scheduled air back to 17th since airport was closed and flooding. hope everyone is okay - will try to read but don't have car to get to library.

hope this makes sense - time running out.

Cat

Cat, so good to read that you're alright. Still without power here...using generator to post. I ate my first MRE today, courtesy of FEMA. Thank God they are here providing us with ice. Never knew frozen water could be such a special gift! Lines for ice and water are long..sometimes over 2 hours. Gas is very hard to find. Many stations that had gas left are still without power and stations that have power are out of gas. Our grocery shelves are empty excluding beer. The county has put a ban on the sale of any alcoholic beverages until this is over. Insurance company has still not surfaces, so I still have a pretty bright blue tarp covering my roof...or what used to be my roof. Thanks for all the love and support!!!

Cat - PLEASE give me a call. I sent you a PM with my numbers last week, but I'll resend it. I'm not far at all from your daughter's city. In fact I go there every day to take my daughter to preschool. I'd love to "kidnap" you and bring you to my house to use the computer, just sit, or whatever.

If any of you have a way to get in touch with Cat, please PM me. She doesn't need to go to a library - she just needs to get to my house!!

Thanks!

TeeTaa