Any news from our Florida folks??

Angie Daughter of Bill

Good to hear that you've all "weathered" the storm -- now let's just hope that Ivan swerves away from everyone! Try to keep cool, Ann -- sounds pretty miserable to me. And I complain about a little humidity up here in Connecticut! Betty -- I hope you continue to be lucky: what's at tree among friends? And Cat: glad you're safe but I concur -- take up TeeTa's offer. You need a break!

Ellen

So glad to see everyone's ok......keeping fingers crossed that Ivan stays the heck away, you guys need a break!!

I so hope that TeeTaa is able to kidnap Cat....she sounds absolutely miserable. My kids have been asking for her every day (they were stunned that she couldn't take her dog to the shelter with her).

Keeping you all in my thoughts,

Mary

Well, it'a now been over a week and I still have no power or phone but am hanging in here! They now tell us we "may" have power by Saturday the 18th. Thank goodness for generators. That has given me a chance to hop online and to run a fan to try and circulate some air. Oh, I can also keep the fridge running most of the time which eliminates some of the long lines for ice. You know, times like this can really build character and bring out creativity. Yesterday, I used the base of my turkey fryer and a big pot to heat some water for a bath. I actually had a lukewarm bath! It was wonderful. I've been doing a lot of reading and listening to talk radio, trying to keep an eye...or should I say "ear"...on Ivan. Right now his path is pretty much up in the air but the reports seem to be looking better each day. The bad path is him hitting the west coast and exiting directly over us. They say that could bring winds strong enough to destroy trees and power lines to us. Just what we need...right? FEMA sent an inspector to check my roof yesterday. HE said I should recieve a check in 7-10 days. I haven't seen anyone from my insurance company yet, so I can't totally repair the roof. FEMA is going to reimburse me for my generator and help with my insurance deductible, which is a lot. Here in Florida, we have an additional hurricane deductible, based on the house value. I have a hurricane deductible of $5500.00. At this stage of the game, I feel like a welfare case.....but all the help is welcomed and I guess that's part of what my taxes have been paying for years!

Checking in...finally. 6 MORE Days of no power or cable but my house survived in good order. We just have a lot of nasty debris and limbs to clean up. Glad to hear from you, Ann! I have been really worried about you. I have been whining about 11 days of the last 25 with no power, but feel bad after hearing you are still without power. My Father-In-Law lives on Singer Island and got a serious pounding as well. This time the hurricane was really frightening since it hung over the state for so long. I'm tired, dirty, and cranky, but things could be so much worse, right? Glad to hear the rest of my fellow Floridians are o.k. Is anyone still missing?

Gina

Florida's new Advertising Slogan: Come to Florida....Category 3 Winds...Category 5 fun!

Pecola...I absolutely love your Florida advertising slogan regarding the categories. Glad to hear you're OK but sorry to hear you have no power. It's so funny....already one week without power and I still walk over and flip a switch to turn something on. I finally got a call from my insurance adjustor and he's coming here tommorrow to access the damage to my house. Sure do hope he's in a nice generous mood when he gets here. Think I should offer him a nice cold beer??? I sure hope Ivan sees fit to spare us this one!!! Ann

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

only a few secons. i'm in jail. daughter has no phone - just cell - works all day - have not yet got anyone to chec if condo still standing. no car, no transportation, no internet, depending on daughter for brief trip to ibrary. must beg.

hpe everyone okay. prayers appreciated.

LOL, when I first read your post, Cat, I thought you REALLY were in jail! I was pretty shocked and upset. Glad to hear from you and that the jail is just one of life's inconveniences and not the real thing. I thought I was going to have to take up a collection for bail money!

love and fortitude

elaine

Ya know, Elaine, I thought the same thing! (and then I wondered if it's been upgraded from "one phone call" to "one website PM"...)

Cat, I hope you catch a break, you may end up in the real pokey if you don't get some mental relief soon! (Believe me, I understand your plight of "family jail", I'm in the cell right next to you!)

Take care!

Elaine and Becky,

WOW, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought Cat was REAL in JAIL! That is JAIL JAIL! Although, she may be better off! At least they have phones in JAIL! :P:roll: I wish she could maybe get to a neighbor or someplace that she could at least make a quick phone call. (if nothing else but for peace of mind)! But, at least she was able to get to a puter and check in with us. Cat, I hope your feeling okay! I hope your not in any nasty pain like you had mentioned before you left Florida. Stay strong, and hang in there! You to Snowflake! (There's NO PLACE LIKE HOME)! Just tap your heals three times, and keep saying that! If only it were that easy!

Dangit, Cat!! I feel like standing on all the corners in Marietta yelling, "CAT!!" until I hear you holler back at me!! Get ahold of your daughter's cell phone - or a megaphone, if you have to! - and call me. At least let me come take you to lunch or dinner or something! My numbers are in two PM's I've sent you . . . neither is long distance from where you are. (I had them listed here, but Snowflake pointed out my stupidity, so I'm editing them out!)

Otherwise, I'm gonna start stalking the Marietta libraries for a desperate-looking, striped-wearing, macrobiotic diet-eating, internet-deprived, phone-less, daughter-overloaded soul to kidnap!!

Gotta go now - am headed FROM ROSWELL THROUGH NORTH MARIETTA INTO EAST/CENTRAL MARIETTA PROBABLY GOING RIGHT BY WHERE YOU ARE - to take my daughter to preschool!!

Call me!!

Katha (aka TeeTaa)

Hey, Cat, you had really better watch out for TeeTaa. Don't think she's just talking bull. That woman is a woman of action - BELIEVE ME! She'll find you if you're still within 100 miles. If she sets her mind on something, you might as well move out of the way because she's coming through! So, to make things easier on both of you, why don't you give her a call.

How lucky I am to have her as a sister!

ViVi