PARTY ON OCT. 23rd EVERYONE INVITED

-Cheryl-

Hello Survivors,

I will be hosting a lung cancer survivors party Sat., Oct. 23rd. First of all, is that a good day for everyone? Secondly, what should we call it, and third, I need people to RSVP so I can get a head count for food & beverage purposes. I have some other great ideas, but we really need to confirm what we what we got so far. Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Cheryl

well, seeing as we are in Virginia and Dave is in the middle of treatment, we can't come! BUT, if Dave wasn't in treatment and his parents weren't HERE, we'd come down there for that, since his parents live in Paris, not that far from Dallas (WHEN they actually live at their house, most of the time they're out on the road in their fifth wheel!), anyway, we're long overdue a visit to Paris, especially for Faith to meet her great Uncle Clovis, so that would be the perfect time to come . . . .

and, by the way, October 23 is Faith's Gotcha Day (anniversary of the day she was handed to us in China!). Adopted children are special, they get a birthday and a Gotcha Day!

Have a great party!

Karen

Have a great, great party -- how I wish we could go, but somehow schlepping from Connecticut to Texas just isn't going to happen. So take lots of pictures and let us know what happens -- which people behave themselves, which don't and HOW! I love all the juicy stuff!

Ellen

Cheryl,

I too am glad that you feel well enough to host a party. I wish I could come but I have scans the week before and probably will not be in a party mood...I get very upset waiting on the results. If I can change things I will let you know. Best of luck on the party..sounds like a great idea to me.

Nina

Hey don't tell me Michigan is going to show up the Texans! Come on where are all the party people??? It will be a great time I'm sure, lots of Texas members, just need to keep bumping this up so everyone sees it.

Cheryl, let me know if there's anything I can do from this distance to help you out. Wish we were closer and could come. I would love to meet all you guys in person.

Rochelle

Hi Cheryl

I would love to come, but i doubt very seriously i can get Mom to come, but ill sure try...what part of dallas are you in, ive got friends all over and some family, and if you were close to any of them she might go, knowing she was close to a "safe" place.

also let me know if i be of service in anyway

KIM

Cheryl,

As others have mentioned it's great that your feeling well enough to throw a party. I will be returning from Maine a couple weeks prior to that so I think I'll have to pass. If all goes well I will return to work sometime at the end of the month. I'mm sure you will have a blast!

Rachel

Darn it - another party we can't make. Thanks Cheryl for doing it. Sure wish we could be there but my work schedule is overflowing right now and I work weekends too :cry: . Would love to come visit you and Jack and the horses and other critters. Have a great time.

Welp,

Maybe the timinng is wrong. I guess the party is a bust. Maybe we can plan something to all get together sometime? I know its hard to think about party when you have cancer. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Don Wood and his son. He is even more pleasant in person. Jack and I look forward to meeting any survivors that come our way! Anyone coming this way give me a holler.

Cheryl