Bobmc Is Gone, we lost another special guy

Ry

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like a few others only knew BobMc through a few posts. He was so vibrant and always upbeat. The picture of his family on that swinging bridge will forever be in my mind. I will miss him. I wish his family peace and strength and want to say to Bob....I hope you are at peace now and feeling full of vim and vingegar. I will always think of Tbone, David and BobMc when I read a funny joke. He was a fine fellow.

Nina

When TeeTaa emailed me that BobMc had died, I first said that I wasn't going to log on the board even though I had planned to log on first thing this a.m. to check on everyone, especially Scott and DeanCarl. I was just too upset, as BoBMc was definitely one of TBone's favorites and he, TeeTaa, Teacake and I frequently talked about him, just as if he were our next door neighbor. TBone would talk about Bob's adventures with a certain longing voice, as TBone himself had lived quite a life of adventure and he dreamed of doing more, with his wife and kids this time. But I think TBone knew several months ago that his days of earthly adventure were over, even though we did get to do some close-to-home, low-key adventures.

But even as I resolved to stay 'disconnected' from the board today for sanity's sake, the clearest image came to my mind. It was one of the last really 'normal' conversations I had with Terry, when he had first gone to Hospice for pain management. He knew how badly I was hurting, as I had received the inevitable phone call that Hospice had been called while I was in New Orleans, and when I finally had it together good enough to talk to him on the phone, he had insisted that I not fly home a day earlier than planned. Anyway, after arriving home late Fri. night, I spent all day Sat. with him. We were just sitting there listening to music and occasionally talking when he, out of the clear blue, says, "Did you know that MO_Sugar died?" I told him that I had read it . And he said, "I'm afraid BobMc is not far behind. He is such a great guy - he's become a real friend. But I don't think he's going to make it much longer. He hardly ever posts any more and I know why. I can't log on any more either. It's just too depressing." And with that statement I knew that Terry knew that he and BobMc were soon going to be joining MO and so many more of their message board friends on the BIG ADVENTURE - albeit PAIN FREE and WITH APPETITES and WITH ENERGY and WITH HAIR and WITH SMILES.

He truly admired and appreciated BobMc, who PM'd him even in those last two weeks.

I know I speak for TeeTaa & Teacake when I say that the three of us feel like we have lost another brother.

Praying for us all.ViVi

I am very saddened to hear this.I am grateful however that Bob is no longer in any pain or discomfort.I also am sure he is in good company up there.It's a little too early in the morning yet for me,but a little later on when they (all our friends up there ) get together for a beer the first round is on me.

Like some of the other members on this list mentioned.....Bob was the very first person to answer one of my posts just one short year ago. His spirit helped to raise mine and I will be forever grateful. My most sincere condolences go out to all who loved him.