CT Results

TAnn

Just got back from my doctor's appointment to get the results from my latest CT scan. I am still stable, so the news is all good! Yeah Iressa! However, (isn't there always a however?) I told the doc that I have had a headache in the same area of my head every day for about 2 1/2 weeks now, so he thought it would be good to get a MRI of the brain just to be on the safe side. He said it would be highly unusual to have stable everything in the lungs and have something pop up in the brain, but we need to check it since it is a new symptom. I personally think it is hormonal.

Anyway, glad to be able to post some good news!

TAnn

TANN

Iressa is one nice dance partner for you! Remember when a headache was just a headache? I hope it's still just a headache!

My best to you and how is your son liking college? It's such a wonderful time. I loved the freshmen the best because they had such high hopes and a little bit of humbleness!!

elaine

Dang it, I thought I replied here hours ago!

For the MRI - see your GP. Get Valium (10 mg). Take an hour before scheduled MRI time, have someone drive you...rule out brain issues...

Drink more water. You may be dehydrated... You may be stressed (Nooooo, ya think?)

AND you may just have a headache! (Imagine THAT!)

My last "cluster" of headaches preceded my gall bladder removal...oh, and then there was another one more recently, when my thyroid checked out... In fact, there were a LOT of things when my thyroid checked out...

TAnn-

Celebrate the great news from the CT scan. For the most part of the past 22 months, I have been on either Iressa or Tarceva (the sister drug to Iressa). I have had periods where I would headaches daily for several days. At the time, I knew it was not my brain since I was (and still am) having regular MRIs. The nurses told me that headaches were not unheard of as a side effect (although it may not be common). In addition, there were periods of time where the the top of my head just hurt. The drug changed my natural hair part. In addition, prior to any treatment, I had alot of perfectly straight hair. I now have alot of thick curly hair. My hairdresser never knows what to expect when I come in. I found that I feel the best when I keep my water consumption up.

Here's to continued success with the drug.

Congratulations on the stable CT. Now for the MRI...my doc told me that although they must check out any new symptoms, to remember that just because we have cancer doesn't mean we can't have something else...like a sinus infection or just a plain old tension headache. I hope that is all that is going on with you.

Nina