Bob McCurdy's Obituary

hersheydaley

I don't really respond to this site unless there is a topic that I have been through with my father, but I do come back often to see how everyone is. I noticed that Bob hasn't posted in awhile and was concerned. I have to say that although I never met him personally i will miss his great spirit. Here is his obituary. Bob is being laid out in the same place my dad was laid out. I am also from Hopatcong, but moved away four years ago. Welcome to www.dailyrecord.com

I am so very saddened by Bob's death. This cancer sucks!!

Donna

Robert W. McCurdy

HOPATCONG

Published on 09/08/2004.

E-mail this obituary

HOPATCONG - Robert W. McCurdy died Monday, Sept. 6, 2004, at his residence. He was 53.

Born in Dover, he lived in Denville, before moving to Hopatcong over 37 years ago.

He worked as a maintenance supervisor for Colgate - Palmolive in Morris Plains.

He was an active member of Alcoholics Anonymous and volunteered in many capacities for numerous cancer charity organizations.

Survivors include his dear wife, Barbara (Colabella); his son, Casey, at home; his mother and step-father, Joan and Frank Neggers of Hopatcong; two brothers, John of Byram and Bruce of Morris Plains; and two sisters, Nancy Zeveney of Keansburg and Karin Bott of Green Township.

Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend the funeral on Friday, Sept. 10 beginning at 9 a.m. at the Leber-Lakeside Funeral Home, Landing, (973) 398-3000.

A prayer service will be offered on Friday morning at 10 a.m. at the funeral home.

Interment will follow at Denville Cemetery in Denville.

The family will receive relatives and friends for visiting hours on Thursday, Sept. 9 from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the American Lung Association, 333-B Route 46, Fairfield, N.J. 07004 or on the Internet at www.lungusa.org.

Arrangements are under the direction of the Leber-Lakeside Funeral Home, Main Road, Landing. (973) 398-3000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[/url]