Norme ,are you out there?

paddy

I am here, I have been coming on but have not posted for a while. I haven't posted because I just don't know what to say anymore. I am at a loss for words, yes, me lost for words. I haven't even had words enough to ask Ry for a hall pass. I noticed that in the past I had posted over 1600 posts and now I am at a loss for words.

I just read about BobMc and my heart did a flip flop again.

Paddy, I read about your husband trying to get Iressa and that really has made me mad. I can't understand why our country, as big and rich as it is, can't get meds to people in need and who allow meds to cost so much that one cannot afford to try and live. If I were you Paddy, i would contact the maker of Iressa and ask for them free Iressa or at a very small charge that you can afford for your love. I gave Buddy's Iressa back to his onc dr and he was going to give them to someone who could not afford the cost. I had a three mo supply. Now I wish I had them for your husband.

My dear Jane, I know where you are mentally for I have not been able myself to leave the grieving stage this time. All the past times, mom, dad, brother, sister, friends, - - I made it through those, but this one is different. I want so bad for time to go back for just a minute or two again but know that cannot happen. I want to just feel his arms around me one more time and his telling me how much he loves me. I know you are on that same boat with me. We both know the way off this boat but for some reason we are not ready to leave. I miss my Buddy so very much. I try hard everyday to keep myself busy but am constantly thinking of him. I know it will take a very long long time for me to be able to accept his death for it has only been 7 months as of yesterday. Some days it feels like he just left me and other times like he was never here. Like it was some sort of a dream those 46 years plus five. I know and you know we will make it through this life until the good Lord decides our time is up too.

Bruce, get yourself out of the hospital and back on your feet. Chat time is tomorrow nite. Thanks for the e-mail. You let me worry about you, not you about me..

Dean Carl, know that you are constantly in my prayers. I miss hearing from you on board. You are one of my KNIGHTS IN SHINNING ARMOR.

FayA, I don't need flowers, just you as a friend is all I need.

For all the rest of you my friends, Debi, Ry, Mary Ann, Becky, Nell, Sharon, Elaine, Geoff, Melinda, David, Karen, Ginny, Connie, Peggy, Kathy, Cheryl, Shirley, Don, Bonnie, Cindy, Hebbie, Berisa, Rick, Katie, Tiny,and everyone else I have forgotten to address, there are so many of you, know that I think of each and everyone of you each day and pray every nite for your health and happiness.

Don't worry about me, I will make it till my time is up.....after all, I have all of you and who could ask for anything more. Till I post again, know I am reading here often, and with all my heart, love each and everyone of you.

Norme,

I'm so sorry this has been so hard on you. I wish I lived closer to you so we could get together once in a while for lunch. I feel like if we were neighbors we would be really good friends. Maybe I can take a short trip to Kentucky next spring (you live in Louisville don't you?) and we can have lunch, or maybe we can meet half way. You are so sweet and I feel so bad that you are in so much pain from losing your Buddy. You two had something special for a very, very long time, and it's just going to take time to recover. Are you involved with any friends or activities? If not, I'm sure you know that would probably be a good thing to do, but you might not feel like it yet. Hang in there, Norme, and you're right - we are your friends and we love you very much. Let me know if I can help.

God bless you,

Peggy

Norme,

My Arms are coming though the puter. ((((((((((NORME)))))))))))))

You have given to so many of us over the last year, and it's only fitting to allow us to give back to you. We are here for you. I know it's not easy to deal with when we lose one of our dear family members. I too feel a sharp pain in my heart everytime one of them falls. After all the years that my mom and dad and sister have been gone, everytime we lose someone here, I think of them as well. As I know you think of your Buddy. I guess it's only nature and normal. I like to think so.

Your always missed here, and we LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH!

((((((((((((((((((((NORME))))))))))))))))))))))

Love, Hugs, and Support,

Connie B.

Norme,

I am glad to see that you have been coming on, I was worried about you.

I miss you, I miss those old days when you never did run out of words. I miss my sober buddies, Bob and David and all the rest, and I want them all back. I know thats selfish of me, I know their families have so much more of a right to miss them, but I do too. And I wish I had the magic words to ease the pain of the caregivers, but I don't and so, many times, I don't even try.

I can't imagine the intensity of your pain Norme, but know that I think of you all the time and if I could wish it all away, I would. You have given so much of yourself to all of us. It just isn't fair..

Norme,

I was so happy to see you signed on last night. You know we worry.

I can totally relate to the overwhelming sadness that you feel. I never stop thinking about Earl and I am still crying almost all the time. His name has become my mantra. I have his picture everywhere I am.

My family and friends have kept me very busy and I do work 3 days a week. I try not to burden them with my grief. they have begun to move on.

I also would love to have him back even if just for a few minutes. Although I was lucky, the last thing Earl did was kiss me and tell me he loved me. But I miss him so much, like you do your Buddy.

Love,

Norme

I am so glad to hear from you. I understand what you mean, though I guess from a different angle. Too often lately, I want to post and I just don't have any words. None of them seem even adaquete to express what I feel.

I jsut want you to know that I wish that you felt no pain of loss. BUt that would not be the way of this world. I hope you find comfort in your memories and in your family.

I wish for you nothing but the best, my friend. I will carry your kindness and generosity with me.

love and fortitude

elaine

Norme,

I, along with everyone else, thank you for your prayers and well wishes. I sure do wish I could do something to relieve your pain. It's horrible to lose a loved one. I hope it helps a little to know that you have a lot of friends here.

Cindy

Norme-Glad to read your post. I am so sorry for your loss. I believe it takes much longer to grieve than some people say. You my friend had your husband and best friend go on ahead and THAT is not going to be easy to just 'get past'.

You just keep checkin in with us, you are precious to us and Him.

Love Cindy

Norme,

I was so glad to see your post and know that you are still with us in spirit. I can surely understand how you have run out of words for others but you have done more than your share over the last year or so. Its time to let us help you if we can. You are in my prayers and I think of you often. I can't imagine what its like to lose your best friend and lover all at the same time. No wonder it is taking a while to even half way feel normal again. You were lucky to have that wonderful relationship as long as you did but nothing will ever replace it. Just know that we all love you and want only the best for you. Take your time and come back to us when you can to let us know how you are.

Nina

Dear Norme,

I, too, have often come to the board and read but have been at a loss for words. And that's how I am now as I try to think of how to respond to your latest post. All I can say is just KNOW that you are loved by Buddy and by everyone here.

ViVi

I am so sorry its been so long since I even looked at this site. I just have a hard time coming here and living our life for now. I have to be a certain way for Darrell and i can't be if I come here... I loved this site so much, and I also need it, but I have to be with Darrell and make good use of our time, however long God will allow that to be... I feel so bad now reading some post.. and Norme I have thought about you so much.. I'm so very sorry that you are sad and you are having such a rough time, I can't even imagine losing darrell, and we've only be together for 6 years. I feel as though I would die inside... So I can't relate to how you must feel... I'm just so very sorry and wish I had something good and smart to say to you... Just know I think about you still, you say only 7 months. that is so long when you consider how long you had your Buddy! Be glad you had so many years of love, most people only dream of that.. I'm sure hes looking down on you and still loving you... Sorry Norme.. I'm sure I haven't said the right things but I still love you..

Christy