Lucie's Second Chemo - Part IV

Don Wood

We went to see the onc today. He seemed pleased that Lucie is taking the chemo well. He decided to do treatment 7 and 8, and then do a PET scan, since that is what detected the new places. Lucie asked what if this hasn't worked. He said there are more options, including the new drug, Alimta (I felt so smart that I knew that one from the board here). Her sweats have gone down significantly, but not completely. He suggested the Effexor dose be raised from 37.5mg to 75mg, the normal dose. We will do that, starting tomorrow. So far, so good. Don

Lucie is such a trooper!! And you are a great caregiver to her! Glad to hear that things are going well for her. Please tell Lucie that I think of her often and wish her well!!! Ya' know Don, I believe this is one of those occassions that call for a new outfit off the net!! Lucie, I'm trying to help all I can. :wink: Us girls have to stick together.

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

Hi Lucie and Don,

I don't often post, but I want you to know that reading about Lucie's progress always gives me a good feeling. Don , you and Lucie seem to always dwell on the positive. I also want to add that warmth and caring for others radiates from your posts. I'm so glad to hear that Lucie is tolerating her chemo well at this point and it is always good to know that if this doesn't work you have a back up.

Every case of cancer is so different, but my husband Mike seems to be following in your footsteps for treatment these days. Taxotere was working for a while, but it quit for him. He is now on Navelbine... 2 treatments so far and tolerating it well. His onc. also said we will keep Alimta in mind as an option . He laughed as we left and told us our reading assignments were to read about Navelbine and Alimta. My best to Lucie. Will keep monitoring her progress.

God Bless you both.

Sue

Hey there Don and Lucie.

Don, you continue to be the caregiver's caregiver. You not only stay ahead of the oncologist with the new treatments, but you take such good care of your dear Lucie, AND have time to be a great inspiration to all, and answer pretty well EVERY post in EVERY forum on this message board. Here's to Lucie's chemo being VERY successful, and to you Don -- don't forget to get some downtime in for yourself. Take care.

David P.