My best friend's mom died

Andrea

I am sitting here at work, my cell rings and I see it is Marla, my best friend who was my matron of honor. I knew something was wrong and I actually answered "what's wrong?". Her mom died in the middle of the night in her sleep, she was 61. Actuallly it was her mother-in-law to be technical, but same thing.

I am just in shock. She was such a lovely lady. My parents are in shock too. I am like here I am obsessing about cancer and you never know if you are going to wake up in the morning no matter what.

I am so sorry to hear this news.

I know that I have often thought that given Becky had to die so young, that it was a blessing to me that she had cancer. Over those fifteen months, I took over some of the mundane things she had always done, paying bills and grocery shopping and things like that. Not because I thought I was training for her death, but because I wanted her not to spend her energy on that when she could have spent it momming and teaching. But it did mean that after she died, I didn't have to worry about writing my first grocery list or finding stamps to mail bills.

Had the beer truck just come barrelling down the road, it would have been much harder for us to handle, I think.

Please convey my condolences to your friend and her family.

Curtis

Andrea,

I'm so sorry! I've often wondered if it is better knowing the end is near, or not knowing.....and determined that in some ways it must be better because you have the chance to say goodbye.

And, as the others have said, since we all truly do not know if/when that random time can come, we should never leave things unsaid with our loved ones.

My thoughts are with your friend and her family.

Andrea--

I am so very sorry to read your post.

Today (Spetember 11) is a real reminder in my hometown of how you never know...

Such a sad day--I can't really write about it; but I think you know what I am feeling. Sorry I can't be more articulate.

I will add your friend and her family to my list of people in my thoughts on this day. You and your mom are already there.

Melinda