Update on hubby

char1048

Hello all, Had hubby to the oncologist yesterday and he did blood work and found that his ammonia level is high and that can be why he is confused , he also order a MRI of the brain again to be sure there is no new brain mets which that was my concern, he also said no more chemo at this time because he is so weak and his weight is down to 129lb, he has another week of radiation on his spine then we see oncologist on the 23rd to see what is next. He is also a bit dehydrated so I am pushing fluids in him. They had a hard time getting blood out of him yesterday.He is not eating much at this time and is in a little pain in his back. He get a morphine pill in the morning for that and then if he needs he takes ultram for pain. his B/P has been low and pulse has been low also, I am realy worried at this point, and I just dont know what to do. Prayers please Thank You Charolette

Charlotte, I'm so sorry things aren't going well right now. I wish I could think of the perfect thing to say to make you feel better, but I can't. I will ask God to hold you close and give you wisdom and strength as you decide what steps to take next. He will help you to decide.

You are in my prayers,

Love,

Peggy

Charlotte,

I am so sorry to hear that you are not getting good news. Hopefully, the brain MRI will be empty and there will be one less thing to worry about.

You are smart to keep pushing fluids. I understand dehydration can be very uncomfortable.

Of course, I will remember you in my prayers.

Love,

Dear Charolette,

I'm so sorry that your husband is feeling so off. Let's hope that the MRI comes out with good results -- perhaps that will encourage him a bit (and you too). My husband actually found that the lemon/lime gatorade was palatable (he had originally turned up his nose at the whole idea, but a little diarrhea after the last chemo made him give it a chance, and it helped).

I'm going to be spending a lot of time over the next two weeks in services so know that I'll include Rich in my prayers -- as I have all along!

Ellen

hi charlotte,

i'm so sorry that rich isn't feeling well. i know that radiation can really knock people out and make them lose their appetites (my mom just finished wbr today and has lost a lot of weight in the process). ellen mentioned gatorade for the dehydration. you might also want to try glaceau vitamin water (they are sold in plastic bottles at specialty stores like whole foods; although i have seen them at regular stores too). there are many flavors and they have added vitamins. prayers being sent your way.

God bless,

mj