3 Month followup

Rachel

On the 14th Sept I will go for my 3 month check up. Brain MRI & Chest CT. It's difficult this time. My husband is out to sea & my best friend is in Hawaii. And yes I do envy her!!! Fortunatly another dear friend is not working & she will accompany me for moral support. I then fly back to Maine as my father is having open heart & I do feel I should be there. We all know the old saying..."When it rains it pours"! I always told my family that I would be there for all of them no matter how far away I was. So I will let you all know how I make out. Thanks for being there, it really means allot & I can feel the sincerity. You are a wonderful group & I don't know what I would do without all of you.

This is my second 3 month & I was wondering if any of you have also had other tests besides MRI & Chest CT?

Prayers & energy for you all...Rachel

Rachael,

Keeping you and your dad in my prayers. Good luck on the scans, trip and surgery. As for check ups...my first 3 month check up was an MRI, CT and PET. The next time it was just a chest xray. Then CT, then MRI and chest film and this next time I am scheduled for a CT/PET. I dread this one, so I can understand your worry.

Nina

Rachel,

Fred had a PT/CT in April, I was pretty excited they ordered one for him, but after reading the report it suggested a CT scan alone to get a more definative reading. So what was the point of doing the Pet? There are a lot of false positives with that PET, seems to light up where ever there may be a little inflamation.

I'll be keeping you and your Dad in my prayers, have a safe and enjoyable trip, (Even though it is not Hawaii)

Rosemary

Rachel,

Just want to add my best wishes for clean scans, a good trip and successful surgery for your dad. The PET is a good one as it shows which tissue is alive and which is dead. Sometimes the tumor remains but is just necrotic tissue. We were told it is very accurate for the body but not for brain mets.

hi rachel,

i see that you are going in for your follow up tomorrow. prayers being sent for clean scans! i was also wondering what your experiences with wbr were like. my mom just finished today, and it has totally wiped her out. she lost a lot of weight too. thanks in advance for the info, and once again, prayers being sent your way.

God bless,

mj