Mystery Solved ... I think

Bill

SEVERE swelling and redness around both eyes ... Bluish - purple patch-like rash on the back of the scalp ... headache ... dysuria ... severe constipation ... abdominal pain ... fever ... unusual amount of tiredness & sleep. Nobody can figure out what's causing this but my wife was switched from Kytril to Aloxi at the same time that these symptoms started. Look at this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Drug Information: Palonosetron (Systemic)

Aloxi

side effects

More Common

Difficulty having a bowel movement (stool); headache

Less common

abdominal pain; acid or sour stomach ; belching; bloated full feeling; blood in urine; bloody or black, tarry stools; blurred vision; burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles" , or tingling feelings; change in vision; chest pain or discomfort; chills; confusion; continuing ringing or buzzing ; cough; decrease in frequency of urination ; decrease in urine volume; deep breathing; diarrhea; difficult breathing; difficulty in passing urine; dizziness; dizziness, faintness, or light-headedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly; [dribbling] painful urination; drowsiness; dry mouth; excess air or gas in stomach or intestines; excessive sleeping; eye irritation; fainting; fast, pounding heartbeat or pulse; fear; feeling of warmth; fever; flushed dry skin; fruit-like breath odor; general feeling of discomfort or illness; happy; heartburn; hearing loss; hiccups; impaired vision; increased hunger; increased thirst; increased urination; indigestion; irregular heartbeat; joint pain; large, flat, blue or purplish patches in the skin; light-headedness; loss of appetite; muscle aches and pains; muscle tremors ; nausea or vomiting; nervousness ; numbness or tingling in hands, feet, or lips; painful knees and ankles; pain or discomfort in arms, jaw, back or neck; passing gas; pounding in the ears; raised red swellings on the skin, the buttocks, legs or ankles; rash; red, sore eyes; redness of the face, neck, arms and occasionally, upper chest ; restlessness ; runny nose; seizures; shivering; shortness of breath; slow heartbeat; sore throat; stomach discomfort, upset, or pain; sugar in the urine; sweating; swelling or protruding veins; trembling; troubled breathing; trouble sleeping ; unexplained noise in ears; unexplained weight loss; unusual tiredness; unusually deep sleep; unusually long duration of sleep; vein discoloration ; weakness or heaviness of legs.

/////////////////////

Bill

hopefully the mystery is indeed solved --(not sure if she is switching drugs now? ) but it still must be somewhat of a relief to figure out that what she is experiencing is a side effect

I never had chemo so I cannot give you any advice with symptoms/problems---just wishing and hoping that your wife feels better soon.

regards

My thanks to all of you for the replies. My wife has an appointment with her medical oncologist this afternoon. Hopefully, her swollen shut eyes will get his attention. I'm as certain as I can be that it's the Aloxi. He needs to put her back on Kytril. Thanks again.