Would I be welcome here?

kimblanchard

Hi Joe, We are sooo blessed that you take time to come here. You will find this is a wonderful sight, full of insights to all kinds of things and I think you will enjoy our company and we sure are happy for yours. The idea of the team concept you mentioned would be such a relief for our friend who is a pt. He is indeed being treated by a group of indivuals. One is in Rochester,MI, 2 are in Flint and another at UofM in Ann Arbor,Mi. I don't believe they have ever sat down together and his diagnosis was in Feb. He now has a second primary that they are calling "aggressive prostate cancer", and bone mets, and an aortic lymph met, whatever that is.

You sound very dedicated. Thanks for coming here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Dr. Joe,

I would like to add my ecstatic welcome to you. I do not post often, but do READ what everyone has to share to educate myself. I have not found as much firsthand knowledge that can be learned about this stuff anywhere else and this board has also given me hope that I would not have found in the medical community alone. At times it is heartbreaking, but so is facing the monsters by yourself. If you are ever in the Los Angeles area, please join us for dinner! :D

DonnaB

dr joe,

i just read your bio.... boy i wish we had a program such as yours at the time of dx....good for you for implementing that... our dx was very disjointed

what a difference the team approach makes....many facilities claim they offer the team but unfortunately, as you say, having several members to make up the team doesnt guarantee they will communicate effectively....

i have to say that most of our visits to other major cancer centers more closely reflect what you are doing in MN....

again welcome....

Lisa

Dr. Joe,

I also would like to thank you with all my heart for taking the time to visit our site and offer us your wisdom and knowledge. As you can see, we are really very supportive and forthcoming with personal experience for all who visit. I hope you can learn as much from us as we definately will learn from you.

You are a wonderful person to offer up your time to all of us. We all know how busy our oncologist is, and for you to add to your "load" is truly remarkable. THANK YOU!!!!!!

TAnn

Well Dr. Joe, it appears that you are a very BIG HIT here at LCSC. :D

I would like to say how Honored we are that you will take some of your very precious time and share it with us now and again. I hope we down overload you too much with questions. But, if you can't keep up with all of us, I am sure we would ALL understand. :wink:

Thank you Dr. Joe for sharing some background information with all of us. Congratulations on being a dad, and I hope your able to spend as much time as possible with your little guy! I hope to meet you one day as well, being we aren't to far away from one another! There is a Lung Cancer Forum coming up at the U of M Nov 6 that I and many others from my Lung Cancer Support Group at Regions Hosptial, plan to attend.

I wish you all the best and thank you for all you do as a Doctor. We are soooooo blessed to have you here with us. THANK YOU!

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Joe:

I admire what it takes to deal with this disease every day. My dad was fortunate to have a good onc (even though family members sometimes wondered why we weren't traveling the country looking for the "miracle") and was so touched that when he first told us about my dad's illness, he did so with teary eyes. I knew then that he cared about his patients and was so concerned about all of us. His ultimate goal was to give my dad "quality of life" during his illness and he did just that. Welcome and God Bless you and your family. With a father who was gone so much in the Army, I know how the homefront can be when your dad's working a lot!