My brother has gone to heaven

donaf

My dear brother passed away early this morning (shortly after 2:00 am). His wife had left the hospital a few hours before. He had asked her to go home and get some sleep because she had not slept very much in the past few days. He assured her that he would be fine. Shortly after she got home they called her asking that she return. By the time she made it back he was gone.

Thank you all for your prayers. You have all been so wonderful during this past year which has been so difficult.

Lets all continue praying for a cure.

Donaf

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I am sorry his wife was not with him but there was no way for her to know. I am sure he was trying to take care of her. At least he is out of his suffering now...he can breathe. I wish you and your family strength and peace for the coming weeks and months.

Nina

I'm so sorry for your loss. My bet is that Rod was trying to protect his wife by asking her to leave so that she wouldn't have to actually see him die. Please don't let her think in any way that she failed him. None of you did. You were there helping him fight the battle every day and he's at peace now with that knowledge. Your world will be upside down for a while . . . remember to take time for yourself and your emotions.

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa