Tim has his CT Scan this morning...could use your prayers

Guest Tim'sKathy

Guest Tim'sKathy

Tim goes for his CT scans (it's 3 weeks after his 6th treatment with Carbo/Taxol)...then we have an appointment with Dr. Edmiston Monday to get the results and see where we go from here...

Praying that the last 2 treatments continued to shrink the tumor...and that there is still no spread....

Thanks everyone !!!!

Kathy

Wife of Tim, 54, dxd 12/03 with NSCLC Stage IIIB (due to Malignant pleural effusion)

I might not know much about anything but if they are shrinking, Thats the start of all good news. Remember the Chemo is attacking all the bad little cancer cells in his body. If I had to guess I would guess you will get good news. And it sounds like to me you guys just started the Chemo and if is already working then you most likely will continue untill its gone.

Guest Tim'sKathy

Thanks Everyone !!! Now it's just wait until Monday to get the results...

Ray-he had scans after his 4th treatment ..he is on Carbo/Taxol every 21 days...and the scans showed no spread, and that the tumor in the lung is shrinking. AT that point they could not tell us how much, as when this all started, he had so much fluid on his lung (he had malignant pleural effusion) that they could not get a clear look at it in the original scan. But the onc told us that there must have been considerable shrinkage, as the fluid (he had talc pleurodecis done in Jan- the bottom portion of his lung did not seal, so there was still fluid there) is gone and that the remainder of his lung had re-expanded. So they are assuming he had gotten good results from the chemo. He has had 2 treatments since then..the last one was May 29th. They gave him this month off..and we will find out Monday what they plan on doing now...

I am praying that they tell us this is almost gone...I know they cannot cure it at this stage, but if they can keep it under control and treat it as a chronic disease, I will be happy...

Kathy