JustAKid is in the hospital

Remembering Dave

I thought maybe you had gotten to go home when i saw you had made a post. Hey but a laptop in the hospital, who could ask for more. Well, other than maybe feeling good enough to go home. At least you have something to do now, I know how BORING hospital life can be.

I hope you are feeling better today and do indeed get to go home on Sunday. You are so very blessed to have your mother there with you, I know if it were me, my mom would be the same way. BUT she needs her rest also, so tell her for me to try to get some rest and sleep she needs that as much as you im sure. You and your family are in my prayers every day Beth, and again I am so very sorry this has been so rough on you. But hang in there, I know it will all pay off and this will all be a distant memory one day.

God bless you

Kim

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally came home on Sunday! What a mess! Don't like this cancer stuff, seems like everytime they try to treat or help me it makes me sicker! Met two more of the Doctors in the practise, I really liked one of them he has cerabal palsey (sp?) and is very down to earth, I think it's because he has had his own experiences and can relate to his patients.

He and the other Doctor I saw promised me that the next treatment would be ok. Like I believe them, hahahaha

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!

My Mother usually stays with me when I'm in the hospital because my children get so upset if me and my Husband are gone at the same time. But this time my husband stayed with me two nights, it was so nice to have time alone with him and no pressure to get housework or shopping done. I'm sure we looked pretty funny, me laying in bed and him in the recliner next me, both covered up to our necks and watching DVD's. So that's the positive thing that I can pull out of this!

Here's the funny thing (there is always something funny in my stories!), when I got home I went to take a shower and wash the hospital dirt off of me. I started with my hair, I was scrubbing away telling my husband how good my head felt (he was outside the shower waiting to help me), I opened my eyes and looked at my hands and half my hair was in them! Although I knew it was coming, it shocked me and I screamed. My husband threw back the shower door to see what was going on and started laughing, we both stood there and just pulled big chunks out. It was pretty funny. After I got dressed we called the kids in and explained it was time to shave my head, my 7yr old didn't like the idea but thought it would be gross to have the hair all over the house. It did think it was "kinda cool" when he pulled a few handfuls out. So now I have even more in common with David C, I too am bald and I too look like a man! hahahahaha Wish I had the nerve to post a picture of my bald head!

We went out for a drive last night because it was so nice and I kept sticking my head out the window because it felt weird on head fuzz! Oh well, you only live once, might as well make a fool out of yourself every chance you can!

Thanks again!

Beth,

Thank you for bringing a smile to my face today. I am so glad you are home with your husband and kids again and glad you are feeling better. I hope your next treatment goes without a "hitch". :wink:

Now you will know what it feels like to be a man, just jump in the shower, dry off with a towel, and YOU'RE DONE!!!

TAnn

Beth,

so glad to see that you're home! My mom decided at 2:30 in the morning on night to shave her head because the chemo gave her insomnia, so imagine the surprise my dad got when he woke up that moring!! :lol: Another time, she forgot to put her baseball cap on before going to Wal-Mart and I just told her she looked fine, besides it will make it easier for me to find her with her bald head shining if we got separated! :P My mom told me "It's JUST hair, the important part is that I'm here!"

God bless and I pray you next round has much more tolerable side effects

Beth,

so glad to see that you're home! My mom decided at 2:30 in the morning on night to shave her head because the chemo gave her insomnia, so imagine the surprise my dad got when he woke up that moring!! :lol: Another time, she forgot to put her baseball cap on before going to Wal-Mart and I just told her she looked fine, besides it will make it easier for me to find her with her bald head shining if we got separated! :P My mom told me "It's JUST hair, the important part is that I'm here!"

God bless and I pray you next round has much more tolerable side effects

So glad you're home!!

I reacted the same way when I first started losing my hair....I swear, I spent an entire evening just pulling out hair and putting it in big piles....I was totally amazed by it!! The next day, I had my husband shave my head...the kids thought we were out of our minds, but we all had a good laugh.

Mine's just started to grow back, so now I have to live up to a promise I made: My husband shaves his head bald regularly, so I told the kids we were going to have our picture taken together (and both of us were going to take out our dentures) and use them as Christmas cards.......I don't know about sending them out, but we DO have a date with the camera tomorrow!! I just hope my son can stop laughing long enough to get at least one pic that's in focus!!.....then again, maybe blurry would be better!

Best wishes, and hope your recovery continues........

Mary

Beth--

So glad you are home.

Guess your hair follicles really didn't like the hospital dirt! :) I love the fact that you and your husband could laugh together and turn it into a memorable event. Three cheers for "head fuzz! :)

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face this morning.

Melinda